Mac on the BBC

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Mac on the BBC

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:00 am

Just watched Mr McCulloch on BBC's Breakfast talking about Liverpool as the city of European culture. Made me laugh. Turned up hoodie and sun glasses (and yes the stubble is still there) in pretty chilly weather up there. Told the reporter off for interrupting him mid sentence. After talking about Liverpool briefly and mentioning how the Bunnymen will wipe the floor when they do Nothing Lasts Forvever with the Liverpool Philly over the weekend, he revealed that the new album will be out sometime around mid-2008. It was planned for release in May, but they are looking to release it to coincide with the RAH gig. And apparantely, a bit of breaking news here, it will be the greatest album that the Bunnymen have ever made, other than Ocean Rain.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:08 am

wow, well I suppose thirty years into your career is as good a time as any to start marketing your product in a business like fashion. Or perhaps its the post divorce new mortgage that focusses the mind (it does).

SHall Istart the 'we're doooomed' rumour or will you?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:14 am

fat cherry wrote:wow, well I suppose thirty years into your career is as good a time as any to start marketing your product in a business like fashion. Or perhaps its the post divorce new mortgage that focusses the mind (it does).

Oh fuck off. (Just kidding, but not really). Is someone going to put the interview on youtube??????
Fish Hook Girl

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:39 am

fat cherry wrote:wow, well I suppose thirty years into your career is as good a time as any to start marketing your product in a business like fashion. Or perhaps its the post divorce new mortgage that focusses the mind (it does).

You can't really blame him or anyone else when the mainstream media has ignored the Bunnymen for years now other than a few crappy appearances on BBC Six (which is useless as it's only available on freeview or digital radio). At least, the Liverpool culture thing will give the band some mainstream publicity at least for a few days. Then everyone will forget them again. By the way, there was an element of sarcasm in my post like "And apparantely, a bit of breaking news here, it will be the greatest album that the Bunnymen have ever made, other than Ocean Rain." Work that out for yourself.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby zabird » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:01 pm

guitarplayer on here too wrote:"And apparantely, a bit of breaking news here, it will be the greatest album that the Bunnymen have ever made, other than Ocean Rain."

that made me laugh. mac hyperbole in overdrive :lol:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:46 pm

yes gpoht, I get it, no need to explain. and yes I'm furking off**, down the pub as it happens. being a friday and all that have a jolly weekend, one and all.
C.

** sorry about that, got the filters on.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby electrabunny » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:16 pm

FYI Peter put the Breakfast Interview up under the News Section. Mac was supposed to appear on the Newsnight program last night, but didn't (I watched it on-line).
That was pretty funny about him saying that the interviewer cut him off! Sounds like the album is going to be released in September. Do you think they'll tour the States before then anyway - or do you think that will happen after the RAH gig?
electrabunny

Postby zabird » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:58 pm

electrabunny wrote:FYI Peter put the Breakfast Interview up under the News Section. Mac was supposed to appear on the Newsnight program last night, but didn't (I watched it on-line).
That was pretty funny about him saying that the interviewer cut him off! Sounds like the album is going to be released in September. Do you think they'll tour the States before then anyway - or do you think that will happen after the RAH gig?

I don't care when, as long as they do :smile:

With the hood up, Mac looked like a monk :cool: looked freezing too.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:35 pm

Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:43 pm

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan