Ian on CBS "Early Show"

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby insanejane » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:01 pm

zabird wrote:By then, there'll be the BritJamieLiLoParisMischaAmy channel, no doubt :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is exactly why this country needs Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert to win the election :biggrin:
insanejane

Postby black francis » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:54 pm

zabird wrote:By then, there'll be the BritJamieLiLoParisMischaAmy channel, no doubt :eek: :eek: :eek:

Isn't that the "E" Channel?

Who is Amy? I thought I was up to date on all my celeb gossip.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:08 pm

Amy Winehouse?

I read that she's in L.A. for some reason. Go track her down ZAbird! Have a laugh!
Fish Hook Girl

Postby zabird » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:38 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:Amy Winehouse?

I read that she's in L.A. for some reason. Go track her down ZAbird! Have a laugh!

yup, Amy Winehouse. She's in L.A.?!? The tabs and paparazzi are falling down on the job! Too busy chasing after Britney, I guess.

I'd vote for Jon Stewart for prez.
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:13 am

I'm down for a JacKT/withahip presedential ticket.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:17 am

zabird wrote:yup, Amy Winehouse. She's in L.A.?!? The tabs and paparazzi are falling down on the job! Too busy chasing after Britney, I guess.

I'd vote for Jon Stewart for prez.

No, I was wrong. Amy's not in L.A., yet. But since she's been cleared of all charges of perverting justice :biggrin: she's expected for the Grammys. I thought she was here already. Duh.

And in my opinion, Jon Stewart is an asshole. Not as big an asshole as Dennis Miller, but still an asshole.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby zabird » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:33 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:No, I was wrong. Amy's not in L.A., yet. But since she's been cleared of all charges of perverting justice :biggrin: she's expected for the Grammys. I thought she was here already. Duh.

And in my opinion, Jon Stewart is an asshole. Not as big an asshole as Dennis Miller, but still an asshole.

no worries ... but who knows if there will even BE a grammy show this year? what with the WGA strike and all. I vote for no awards shows ... means I'll get the nights off then. :smile:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:05 pm

zabird wrote:no worries ... but who knows if there will even BE a grammy show this year? what with the WGA strike and all. I vote for no awards shows ... means I'll get the nights off then. :smile:

WHAT?? No award shows? How do you expect Hollywood to congratulate themselves for being so brave and courageous with their "daring" film role choices?

Where is George Clooney going to take credit for the civil rights movement and bringing AIDS out of the shadows?

You would deprive them of the Blockbuster Movie awards too wouldn't you?
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby zabird » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:58 pm

black francis wrote:WHAT?? No award shows? How do you expect Hollywood to congratulate themselves for being so brave and courageous with their "daring" film role choices?

Where is George Clooney going to take credit for the civil rights movement and bringing AIDS out of the shadows?

You would deprive them of the Blockbuster Movie awards too wouldn't you?

I wouldn't want to deprive those poor, selfless souls of one iota of self-congratulatory exposure. And if TV is out this year, surely they can find it in the goodness of their selfless little hearts to dip into their overloaded bank accounts and buy as many "George, thank you for saving the world" ads as they want in the rag I work for. It'll keep me employed for a few months longer.

But wait -- I thought it was Bono's job to save the planet, not George Clooney's :mrgreen:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:06 pm

Has Bono ever topped this?

“And finally, I would say that, you know, we are a little bit out of touch in Hollywood every once in a while, I think. It’s probably a good thing. Uhm, we’re the ones who talk about AIDS when it was just being whispered. And we talked about civil rights when it wasn’t really popular. And we, uh, you know, we bring up subjects…we are the ones…this Academy, this group of people gave Hattie McDaniel an Oscar in 1939 when blacks were still sitting in the backs of theaters. I’m proud to be a part of this Academy. I’m proud to be part of this community. I’m proud to be out of touch. And I thank you so much for this.”
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby zabird » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:25 pm

black francis wrote:Has Bono ever topped this?

“And finally, I would say that, you know, we are a little bit out of touch in Hollywood every once in a while, I think. It’s probably a good thing. Uhm, we’re the ones who talk about AIDS when it was just being whispered. And we talked about civil rights when it wasn’t really popular. And we, uh, you know, we bring up subjects…we are the ones…this Academy, this group of people gave Hattie McDaniel an Oscar in 1939 when blacks were still sitting in the backs of theaters. I’m proud to be a part of this Academy. I’m proud to be part of this community. I’m proud to be out of touch. And I thank you so much for this.”

It's a damn fine thing that George can edumacate all us unenlightened ones :rolleyes:

Still, Bono got to play Vanity Fair editor on Bring Your Sainted Pop Star to Work Day :neutral:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:30 pm

Wow. I'm impressed. Ian on CBS "Early Show" has already turned into a Bono bashing thread! Nice work. Usually we don't see that until page 3! :lol:
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zabird » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:07 pm

admin wrote:Wow. I'm impressed. Ian on CBS "Early Show" has already turned into a Bono bashing thread! Nice work. Usually we don't see that until page 3! :lol:

Hey, it's an equal opportunity bash. George Clooney AND Bono :wink:

Besides, it's Mac's fault ... in guardian interview, he mentioned regretting all the slagging off he'd done back in the day. No doubt thinking about Bono :biggrin:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:25 pm

Speaking of Bono, he packed on about 50 pounds over the holidays. This makes me laugh so much.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_2njq2Guqp4c/R4U ... 109+bo.jpg
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Mr. Brian » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:38 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:Speaking of Bono, he packed on about 50 pounds over the holidays. This makes me laugh so much.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_2njq2Guqp4c/R4U ... 109+bo.jpg

hmmm a little schadenfreude, eh?

I think i read that Bono admits he gains weight between tours, but always loses it so enjoy that while you can.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen