Bunnymen in Liverpool Nativity (not literally)

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Bunnymen in Liverpool Nativity (not literally)

Postby Scouser » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:41 am

I was cringing throughout. As a card carrying Scouser it played up to every negative perception of Liverpudlians the rest of the UK has. But thats another story.

As for the music - far too much Beatles / Lennon (yawn)

As for the rest some unusual (in both a good and bad way) versions of Wah, Teardrops, Shack, Bunnymen, The La's, Cast and (ahem) Dead Or Alive. No Dalek I Love you I'm afraid.

Bunnymen track was Back Of Love sung by Joseph on a ferry cross the Mersey (see what I mean?) just after Mary had told him she's up the duff with the Son Of God and he doesnt believe her. Until she sings Shack's Comedy that is and suddenly its all OK.

Herodia (Cathy Tyson) has an interesting voice - like a foghorn crossed with a dying swan. Her "rendition" of the Teardrops Bouncing Babies made me drop my mug of tea in sheer awe of its badness. She didnt do much better with Reward.
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:14 am

It was the biggest load of bollocks I've ever seen and the preparations for it made me get stuck in traffic for 45 mins on Friday afternoon trying to get onto Dale St. BBC bastards!
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:38 am

Total shite.Come back Charlie Drake.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:05 pm

24 Hours later I'm still reeling from how bad it was!

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:54 pm

An embarassment.I wonder if that taxi driver was watching..I hope not.It could push a man too far over the edge.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby adders » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:27 pm

Awful - which is a pity. Agree with those comments about the Teardrops songs - terrible singer.
adders

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:39 pm

I was intrigued as to whether any Bunnymen song would feature in that show and that made me laugh to hear that Back of Love was destroyed, I mean sang. What a terrible programme. It was like watching some giant evangelistic gathering of god-squad people all congregating in the centre of Liverpool to annoy us licence-fee paying public. After quite a bit of advertising on BBC got my interest, I switched over after ten minutes (shortly after the coffee shop scene and that Gabriel bloke off Heartshit and previously off Coronation Street started shouting on the stage about everyone singing hallelujah in unison). And don't worry Scouser, it didn't reinforce any negative perceptions of Liverpudians that us soft southerners have other than there still seems to be alot of people up your way called Joey, as in Joey Boswell off Bread. Brookside it wasn't and I didn't even hear "calm down, calm down" in the performance, which was a bit disappointing really.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:08 am

guitarplayer on here too wrote: I didn't even hear "calm down, calm down" in the performance, which was a bit disappointing really.

They should've let Harry Enfield do it in his curly-perm wig and 'tache instead of Twiggy off the Royle Family.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:10 am

He will always be Eddie Yates to me

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:49 am

And me.Eddie the binman.Lodger to Hilda and Stan.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:38 am

I couldn't remember his character name in Coronation Street... yeah Eddie Yates. And of course there was Onslow in Keeping Up Appearances.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:07 am

Scouser wrote:He will always be Eddie Yates to me

I was just trying to disguise my elderly status.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:46 am

Not possible

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:07 pm

:frown:
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Bunnymen in Liverpool Nativity (not literally)

Postby Red » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:11 pm

Scouser wrote:I was cringing throughout. As a card carrying Scouser it played up to every negative perception of Liverpudlians the rest of the UK has. But thats another story.

As for the music - far too much Beatles / Lennon (yawn)

As for the rest some unusual (in both a good and bad way) versions of Wah, Teardrops, Shack, Bunnymen, The La's, Cast and (ahem) Dead Or Alive. No Dalek I Love you I'm afraid.

Bunnymen track was Back Of Love sung by Joseph on a ferry cross the Mersey (see what I mean?) just after Mary had told him she's up the duff with the Son Of God and he doesnt believe her. Until she sings Shack's Comedy that is and suddenly its all OK.

Herodia (Cathy Tyson) has an interesting voice - like a foghorn crossed with a dying swan. Her "rendition" of the Teardrops Bouncing Babies made me drop my mug of tea in sheer awe of its badness. She didnt do much better with Reward.

WTF? i somehow missed all of this! sounds like it's a good thing i did! LOL
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen