How old are you? The average age of the Bunny fan

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

How old are you? The average age ogf the Bunny fan

18 - 24
4%
25 - 30
2%
31 - 36
17%
37 - 42
48%
43 - 47
29%

Total votes : 48

Postby black francis » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:17 pm

murphy12783 wrote:I am 23 and my friend who introduced me to the Bunnymen is 25. I think this type of music would appeal to more people my age if they knew it existed. Maybe it's an American thing, i dunno. This is definitely one of the best bands who ever lived.

Donnie Darko helped quite a bit. I'd make CDs for my friend's skateshop and each one had a different version of The Killing Moon. Without exception one of the emo kids would be like "hey it's that Donnie Darko song". It really stood out in the movie and I was disheartened to see it replaced by INXS in the director's cut. I mean INXS were fun at times but they had nothing that rivaled "The Killing Moon". For that matter nobody does.

I don't think it has anything to do with nationality of the listener, the sad truth is once you've hit a certain age the music industry assumes you have nothing to offer and stops promoting the music. Of course the Bunnymen shooting themselves in the foot God knows how many times doesn't help either but that's part of their charm.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Jikan Myshkin » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:35 am

i learnt bout the bunnies from donnie darko
A kite is a contract of glory
that must be made with the sun,
so you make friends with the field
the river and the wind,
then you pray the whole cold night before,
under the travelling cordless moon,
to make you worthy and lyric and pure.