Killing Moon:Best of

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Killing Moon:Best of

Postby Dave Smith » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:50 am

Shock horror this is going to be a positive post..........

Have to say that for the £6 I paid from Amazon,the new compilation is overall the best one produced to date.It only covers up to 87 but is packaged in a nice cardboard sleeve,good pictures,nice sleeve notes from a fan in the 80's,good selection of tracks,7/9th's of Ocean Rain reproduced,only Game,Lips,Bedbugs,Lost & Found from the Grey album and the two cd's have nice silhoulettes of the band from the HUH cover as labels.Sound quality good as well.Overall for all you completists out there this might be one cd that you dont just play once and file away.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Ted » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:59 am

You beat me to it. I got it the other day and feel the same it's actually a pretty nice comp. My only complaints would be that it included "people are strange" and the bad version of "bedbugs and ballyhoo" and can't figure out why "thorn of crowns" was stuck in track order with the Grey album material....still I think for a two disc buget release they did a great job :cool:
Ted

Postby Dave Smith » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:07 pm

I think the guy who compiled it just loves Ocean Rain and thought 'oh sod it I'll stick Thorn Of Crowns on the end'.Collectors point on Do It Clean live is that its the 'catch and shoot a man at the back' one from the Royal Albert Hall not the one on the boxset from the night after.This has never been released on cd before except for the Japanese import of the canadian blue sleeve best of ep which cost £££.Sorry for that everyone but I know a few people care!
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:08 pm

Thanks for the review. I might actually buy it eventually after I dig myself out of financial ruin.
moondance

Postby adders » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:11 pm

So many compilations have been based around the first four or five albums, it would have been a nice change seeing one based only on the singles and best tracks from Evergreen onwards...

...still bought it though!!!
adders

Postby Seven Seas » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:16 pm

Hey,

I ordered that CD too. (another treat)
Can't wait to get it.
Seven Seas

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:10 am

I refuse to be conned out of yet more cash. Bah and indeed Humbug!
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby blinkilite » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:52 am

i saw this at HMV while in england, and held it in my hand, looked at the track listing and thought "i have all these songs" and put it back down.

i did buy the me i'm all smiles live CD from sheperds bush empire (2005). its not all that different from the instant live discs from later in the same tour... i'm not disappointed with it, but also i am not surprised either. can't wait for that new album... sheesh :wink:
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Postby Dave Smith » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:10 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:I refuse to be conned out of yet more cash. Bah and indeed Humbug!

Yeah but its actually very good quality for a change.In comparison to the £16 I paid for 'More Songs' last year to those robbing bastards Warner Brothers its a steal.Plus I dont mind supporting some of these smaller labels that often re-release lost gems from the 80's.

(mind wanders...that Liverpool nativity....christ.)
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:16 am

Is The Puppet on there?
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:49 am

It is ,second track.All the songs are from the re-masters as well.Heard a new bit of guitar in All That Jazz in the car this morning.What an interesting life I lead...ok I've got all the songs in many duplicitous ways but I'm too much of a lazy sod to do my own playlist.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Grumpy_Jimbo » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:23 am

Dave Smith wrote:I've got all the songs in many duplicitous ways but I'm too much of a lazy sod to do my own playlist.

Only takes 30 seconds on the ipod ............
Grumpy_Jimbo

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:06 pm

Dave Smith wrote:Yeah but its actually very good quality

I couldn't give a shite, I'm still not shelling out more cash for the same bloody songs cunningly arranged in a different order!
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:14 pm

I know so sell the rubbish ones and buy this one instead.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:23 pm

Dave Smith wrote:I know so sell the rubbish ones and buy this one instead.

Why not just rip all my cds and burn myself a few dozen different compilations? I'll have the satisfaction of a job well done and I'll save myself a fortune on future releases! Yes!
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen