Liverpool

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Liverpool

Postby King Of Kings » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:52 pm

Fanstastic Weekend

Saturday ws the best night, pure energy and a wall of sound the band seemed to enjoy it, very tight and very fluent (Although I have seen them better at their xmas gig). Predicatable set list two encores and two new songs. Lots of drinking dancing drinking and Wiill's aftershow party. All the band showed up less MAC

Sunday a very mixed and great set list all the old favorites. However Mac had the Grumps and it showed in everthing the band tryed to do. He was kicking the stage equipment, bad mouthing the sound engineers, spitting , cursing and stopping songs mid flow. Eventualy stoming of stage without thank you or happy xmas.

MAC MY FRIEND IF YOU CARRY ON YOUR GONNA BLOW IT - PERHAPS THATS WHAT YOU WANT

RHA will indeed feature two sets Ocean Rain preceded by the stabdard set list we have all grown to love.

New LP due for completion spring followed by a short UK tour

Big hugs and love to all those I met from across the pond
King Of Kings

Postby moondance » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:31 pm

Thanks for the scoops KOK. Sorry to hear that Mac was in a bad mood on Sunday.
moondance

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:18 pm

It's perhaps more suprising that Mac wasn't in a bad mood on Saturday.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby bleedblue » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:19 pm

MAC was a right cunt on Sunday. Ruined the gig to be quite honest in the sence that no one could really be arsed singing, dancing, swaying because it was clear he coudn't be arsed.

Ahh well ... The rest of the band seemed to enjoy themselves. Waved as they went off, smiling, and generally having a good time.

MAC - Liven up, you wont last much longer like that.
bleedblue
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Red » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:12 pm

mac wasn't in a bad mood until that asshole screamed like a fucking moron during the opening of ocean rain!!!!!

all the rest of the stuff was fucking hilarious! was close enough to front to hear everything he was saying. mostly having a laff. plus, the drummer (Nick, i believe) said Mac's earpiece wasn't working and when the monitors cut out he couldn't hear at all.....so he was upset once or twice, about that, and with good reason, but made the most of it when he could. the rest of the time he was just having a laff. we thought he was hilarious. he told the crowd they sang killing moon wrong! lol and then told someone in specific that they sang something that wasn't the right words! :lol: :lol: i was laffing a lot that night! i actually thought it was an amusing show. the issues didn't bother me.

but that fucking moron that ruined Ocean Rain did.
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby bleedblue » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:16 pm

Who was the support act on Sunday? I thought they were class.
bleedblue
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Red » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:02 am

i didn't even see the support band the 2nd night, but if they were the same as the first night, i only saw 3 songs, and i didn't care for them. i was really looking forward to Baltic Fleet opening. when i asked Will about it he said he hadn't heard about it, but he wouldn't have minded. oh well, maybe next time!

someone on the other forum said they were from the support band, and mentioned their myspace, but i forget their name tho...
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:56 am

They were called The Violent Playground, they were also support on the Siberia tour but I think they were called L20 back then.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby bleedblue » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:27 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:They were called The Violent Playground, they were also support on the Siberia tour but I think they were called L20 back then.

Ok, thanks.

What did you think of them?

I thought the drummer was great, took some abuse though, again by some dickheads.

The singer seem a nice bloke as well. Some good lyrical songs.
bleedblue
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Scouser » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:03 pm

Dont listen to him, he's not a real fan (joke dies from terminal overuse)
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen