Albert Hall..... Sold Out !!!

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby Crystal Days » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:18 pm

"I don't know why they pick him to pull this shit with but it happened both shows, with people acting like idiots. "

Welcome to Liverpool..... :rolleyes:
Crystal Days

Postby electrabunny » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:21 pm

guitarplayer on here too wrote:No disrespect Electrabunny (nice devil outfit by the way), but that was one of the points I was making earlier about some people claiming that Mac's voice has become like that by age. His voice only went like that at about 34, so age clearly has no relevance whatsover as Scouser points out. Compare and constrast his singing voice between Mysterio and Burned and you'll see what I mean. There is only a two-year gap between those albums.

No disrespect taken guitarplayer. Your observation is a fair one about the age thing. It's unfortunate that his voice is not always spot on, but as long as they are still performing, I'll take what I can get. I missed seeing them in the '80s at their "prime". I was a fan back then too - since about '85 - they just never performed any where close to where I grew up! So I have enjoyed every performance I've seen since they've been back together. I'm making up for lost time!
electrabunny

Postby withahip » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:43 pm

electrabunny wrote:It's unfortunate that his voice is not always spot on, but as long as they are still performing, I'll take what I can get.

After the fantastic performance I saw at Irving Plaza, I'll second that. :cool:
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:53 pm

electrabunny wrote:No disrespect taken guitarplayer. Your observation is a fair one about the age thing. It's unfortunate that his voice is not always spot on, but as long as they are still performing, I'll take what I can get. I missed seeing them in the '80s at their "prime". I was a fan back then too - since about '85 - they just never performed any where close to where I grew up! So I have enjoyed every performance I've seen since they've been back together. I'm making up for lost time!

Cheers Electrabunny. Yeah, unfortunately, I wasn't a fan of them in the 1980s -- I knew of them, but didn't bother to check them out properly (I wasn't really into that kind of music back then). So, I'm also glad that they are still touring so I have had plenty of opportunities to see them since (and have also met them in person too). It's been ten years of being a Bunnymen fan, and I still don't ever getting bored of them musically whether that's listening to Ocean Rain, Siberia or their other albums for the hundreth time.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby JackT » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:14 pm

The way I see it, they will be gone forever soon enough. I will take whatever opportunity to see them while it lasts, even if the quality is uneven. The good moments are worth it.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby archivistmgc » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:47 am

JackT wrote:The way I see it, they will be gone forever soon enough. I will take whatever opportunity to see them while it lasts, even if the quality is uneven. The good moments are worth it.

Amen
Page one of the pamphlet
archivistmgc

Postby Red » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:35 pm

Scouser wrote:Have you seen the ammount of namedropping on the official site? Its hilarious...pre gig meet, Will dropped in (woooooo hoooooo), "Mac was telling me", the drummer said...

Its like being 12 again!

and your point is? you jealous or what? grow up! what's the big deal if someone talks to Will? you seem to have a real issue with that! i just don't geddit. i haven't spoken to Mac in a few years, but Will is more like a friend than a Bunnyman. he's a fucking nice guy whose company i enjoy! i'm so sorry you feel that you have to bash everything some of us say. this is why i don't tell my 'stories' any more, Jack T! it gets a little tiring always getting crap for just enjoying the fucking company of people we dare not mention. :evil:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:53 pm

withahip wrote:I saw Will after the Irving Plaza show - he said Hi! and I said - I'll have none of your patronizing bullshit despite the fact that I am one of your biggest fans and I kicked him in the nads threw him down the stairs and spit on him!

But before I left him him for dead I did tell him he put on one hell of a show.

I am such a suck up, I know.

:lol: Oh I got a good chuckle out of that!

I loved meeting Will and the other guys (except Mac) and going to his Freakout.
I loved meeting other fans at the meet before and dancing and acting stupid later and hugging Gordy and all. It was a blast!

Red, please don't let them get you down. I love your stories.
moondance

Postby rusty » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:55 am

electrabunny wrote:No disrespect taken guitarplayer. Your observation is a fair one about the age thing. It's unfortunate that his voice is not always spot on, but as long as they are still performing, I'll take what I can get. I missed seeing them in the '80s at their "prime". I was a fan back then too - since about '85 - they just never performed any where close to where I grew up! So I have enjoyed every performance I've seen since they've been back together. I'm making up for lost time!

Exactly how I feel. I honestly loved the shows in Liverpool because the crowds were so in to it. Never ever going to happen here in the States. I urge any fans from the States to see them on the other side of the pond. It is a totally different experience.

I'd just like to ask all of you who say the shows aren't what the used to be please look at it from another point of view. There are fans who never had the "out of this world" experiences you got going to their shows in the early days. So for us there is still "magic" in getting to see them live. Like Jack says we don't know how long any of us are in this world (Ross -RIP friend) so I'm going to enjoy every chance I get to see the Bunnymen live.
rusty

Postby Dr Cheese » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:27 am

rusty wrote: There are fans who never had the "out of this world" experiences you got going to their shows in the early days. So for us there is still "magic" in getting to see them live.

That's a fair point but take a look at any of the eighties clips on Youtube and you can see why longtime fans moan about Mac and his apparent lack of enthusiasm these days. The original RAH clips are a good example, ok it was 20 years ago but I've seen bands that have been around just as long as the Bunnymen and the enthusiasm and energy levels make the Mac of today look semi-comatose. Still, as it's been pointed out you take what you can get while it's still available.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:02 am

Actually I'd say cheers Dr Cheese for those You Tube clips, particularly of Nocturnal Me, Thorn of Crowns and Ocean Rain on The Tube. That whole performance is fucking amazing. So I see exactly what you mean.
guitarplayer on here too

Postby blinkilite » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:11 am

Dr Cheese wrote:I've seen bands that have been around just as long as the Bunnymen and the enthusiasm and energy levels make the Mac of today look semi-comatose.

very true... just watch richard butler of the psychedelic furs hop around the stage for the ENTIRE show... always happy, with a smile on his face... and interacting with the fans up front. and there are LIGHTS on. *gasp*

mac just stands there, at the mic stand, hiding in the smokey darkness. from the first few rows you can barely even SEE him. at least Will seems like he is enjoying himself on stage during the live shows. :wink:
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Postby Scouser » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:52 am

Maybe Red could have a word at her next meet with her "friends"
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:28 pm

Scouser wrote:Maybe Red could have a word at her next meet with her "friends"

fuck off.
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:26 pm

:pop:
Frank The Bunny