The Unofficial Official Liverpool Shows Thread

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby Scouser » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:22 am

What - able to change gear with his snatch?
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:00 pm

Scouser wrote:What - able to change gear with his snatch?

No, end up wearing those really cool flowing gowns and caftans.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Dave Smith » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:16 pm

Grumpy_Jimbo wrote:I saw them at the legendary Barrowlands concert in January 1988, and without doubt it was there finest ever show, even all the members of the band agreed on this point. But I do agree with Souser that the Wembley show was very poor.....

Actually to be fair all the UK gigs with the exception of the NEC in January leg were pretty darn good, but just the Barrowlands was on a different level....

Jimbo

NEC was ok Jimbo-awesome when they played Over Your Shoulder to confuse 95% of the crowd.John Peel reviewed it as well and gave it a great write up.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:30 pm

Why can't they add "Over Your Shoulder" to the setlist?
insanejane

Postby moses (2) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:09 am

I enjoyed the gig -didn't think it was brilliant but it certainly was not crap

- the venue is a shit hole....

I thought the sound was good -- I stood beside the mixing desk -- I know the set was somewhat predictable but for me I was pleased that Macs voice was in good form --I think he is getting voice coaching as he was using some voice trained techniques like dropping a key in verses to hit the notes in the chorus...I also like to see backing vocals when a band play live so that was good.. for the new songs it would be good to hear if Will lets rip on the album version .. felt that the songs had that potential ..

didn 't go Sunday - would liked to have heard Heads will Roll ...

Glad they didnt play Ocean Rain as it is too obvious to end every show with it ..
moses (2)

Postby JackT » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:49 am

moses (2) wrote: using some voice trained techniques like dropping a key in verses to hit the notes in the chorus...

That's a pretty obvious technique, isn't it? Hard to believe Mac would need a coach for that one.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:59 am

Hey folks,

We just got back & I have to say it was well worth the wait.

It was nice meeting the people we did meet-up w/ too, at The Crown. Sorry we all couldn't really talk longer. Keep in touch though, via PMs. I hope that you all had a great time @ the Korova. We just didn't have the time to go b/c on Sunday morning before that night's gig, we were taking the Ferry to Spaceport & didn't want to be out too late after the gig that night. Reading the reports though, it seems that the Korova after-party went great. I am very happy to have personally met with Red, Ballywho?, Rusty, Blinkilite, Archmicvist/her husband(spelling wrong, I'm sorry). I wasn't too sure whom everyone else was at the table but, it seemed everyone had a great time. No, we didn't meet anyone but, Pete is currently seeing a lot of women, actually. LOL

The gigs themselves though, were fantastic! Saturday, it was true, things were a bit more 'lighter' in the sense that everyone was in great spirits. Pete & me were down smooshed on the floor area but, Sunday, we were smarter, we stood upstairs in the balcony. We were right on the left corner, me, Pete & another 2 friends of ours, (a couple) that we met-up with.

If I'm honest, or maybe it was b/c my perspective was different being in the balcony & not crammed on the floor area, I thought that Sunday night's gig was better. lol I thought that the jokes he told (2) were quite funny. I laughed SO hard at one point when the smoke was filling the drum area near his drink & he had to use his overcoat to swish it away just to find it to drink it. I was though, REALLY ANNOYED at that screamer, who made him cancel singing, Ocean Rain. It was great hearing a few songs live I never heard before too. That made it all special. The guys looked healthy & beautiful, as usual too. I sincerely mean that...

I just have to say too, that since I was 12 years old, I've loved this band even though, I was stupid & drifted away, liking "trendy" things as we all do when we're teens. However, this trip taught me a couple of valuable lessons likewise & the wait for it all was totally well-worth it! :) I thank God that everything went so well w/ the flight, train to/from the airport, etc. The only 2 problems we had were kids shooting off crackers in the streets that sounded like bullets. I ran like He** that night & so did Pete. LOL The other "problem" was having 4 men sitting on a step by the seedy nudie bar shouting to Pete & me that we needed to loose 4 stone to be happy. I didn't let them see me cry (I waited until I was alone in the hotel's bathroom). Pete & me just ignored the twats though & kept walking (we walked over to find the Korova on Saturday before the gig in case we did decide to go, when we walked back down that alley passed the nudie bar, that's when it happened). Otherwise, everything was brilliant!!! This was my 4th time to Liverpool since 2005 & I have to say that, this was probably one of my favorite trips of them.

I hope that everyone arrives home safely. Take care & enjoy the rest of your trip to the great city where the BEST band in the world is from, I know we did... :)
Seven Seas

Postby moondance » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:42 am

Glad that you had a good time and arrived home safely SS.
moondance

Postby moses (2) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:34 am

JackT wrote:That's a pretty obvious technique, isn't it? Hard to believe Mac would need a coach for that one.

you'd be suprised how many singers do not do it

plus when playing live it can be V. hard to do especially if the rest of band (Guitar, Bass, Keyboard) don't drop a key also.
moses (2)

Postby Red » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:05 am

withahip wrote:Red- I have used these two little do-dads and have gotten amazing recordings. Easy to sneak in, too.

does it do videos? that's what i was attempting.
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:11 am

Seven Seas wrote:It was nice meeting the people we did meet-up w/ too, at The Crown. Sorry we all couldn't really talk longer. Keep in touch though, via PMs. I hope that you all had a great time @ the Korova. We just didn't have the time to go b/c on Sunday morning before that night's gig, we were taking the Ferry to Spaceport & didn't want to be out too late after the gig that night. Reading the reports though, it seems that the Korova after-party went great. I am very happy to have personally met with Red, Ballywho?, Rusty, Blinkilite, Archmicvist/her husband(spelling wrong, I'm sorry). I wasn't too sure whom everyone else was at the table but, it seemed everyone had a great time.

i'm glad you came and had a good time. sorry we didn't get to have a real chat. I HAD to have some food! :lol: and i thought i'd see you later at the venue, but i went to the balcony on saturday, and never saw you again! :eek:

see...we don't bite, do we? :wink: :wink: heehee
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby insanejane » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:16 pm

moondance wrote:Glad that you had a good time and arrived home safely SS.

I'm glad you guys all got to meet too. Any pre-gig group photos.......... Red?
insanejane

Postby Scouser » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:25 pm

Jesus - dont encourage her!
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:31 pm

Red wrote:does it do videos? that's what i was attempting.

d'oh. No.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Lancashire Fusileer » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:45 pm

Dave Smith wrote:NEC was ok Jimbo-awesome when they played Over Your Shoulder to confuse 95% of the crowd.John Peel reviewed it as well and gave it a great write up.

they were brilliant in Manchester too, Jan 88. Absolutely brilliant. And they did Over Your Shoulder, shit I wish they'd play that again and what about Rollercoaster and Clay and A Promise, and Happy Death Men....
older by the day
Lancashire Fusileer

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen