Question about the Pictures On My Wall single

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:11 pm

tomo wrote:the balfe/drummond one has the cutout on the back..

the chameleons one (original) has the cutout on the bunnygod front side..

just wondering why we all own multiple copies of this single?

I bought all three copies because it was important to me at the time to have a complete collection. I guess that's why I still buy all of the compilations even though I have the songs a dozen times over. But I haven't bought the latest one. I'm trying to send a message. HA!

Thanks for the cutout info, tomo. Hopefully I'll remember why I thought it important to ask about it. :rolleyes:
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Lancashire Fusileer » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:59 am

The Songs reissue was also much flimsier vinyl was it not? Tho' I have that with the yellow & dark blue label as part of the StLAS reissue package.

This is interesting, actually... I now know I have the original re-issue which my cousin proudly bought (and I subsequently nabbed) in Blackburn way back in 1979
older by the day
Lancashire Fusileer

Postby moses (2) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:15 am

If I get talking to you lot at the meet promise me you wont have this conversation.
moses (2)

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:45 pm

Got mine today.

It has the Voodoo Billy in the runoff. Label is yellow with light blue or turquoise.
The artwork is not that darker smudged looking one. The back of the sleeve has just "The Chameleons" as producers and the cutout slot is on the back.

There are two things I never noticed

1) Will Sergeant is spelled Will Sergent (maybe I've noticed this but forgot)
2) There is a red and black marking that starts at about the mouth of the bunnygod. It continues to the back and curves under the band member listing. Very plainly I see in red on the black "HEH HEH HEH...". I've never owned or held the original, only the CD on Griffin and it's much harder to make out, but it is there too now that I look. I've only seen pix online, but the smudged one is very hard to make out.

here is a scan of it
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:56 pm

admin wrote:Got mine today.

It has the Voodoo Billy in the runoff. Label is yellow with light blue or turquoise.
The artwork is not that darker smudged looking one. The back of the sleeve has just "The Chameleons" as producers and the cutout slot is on the back.

There are two things I never noticed

1) Will Sergeant is spelled Will Sergent (maybe I've noticed this but forgot)
2) There is a red and black marking that starts at about the mouth of the bunnygod. It continues to the back and curves under the band member listing. Very plainly I see in red on the black "HEH HEH HEH...". I've never owned or held the original, only the CD on Griffin and it's much harder to make out, but it is there too now that I look. I've only seen pix online, but the smudged one is very hard to make out.

here is a scan of it

Yup, that's the same cover I have on the light blue/turquoise striped cover. Notice the way the folding is poorly done at the top? And on the reissue, the HEH HEHE HEH is barely recognizable. It's very smudged. But not on this copy.
Fish Hook Girl

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen