Question about the Pictures On My Wall single

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby starsabove » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:09 pm

I've got the 7 inch that came free with the Songs to Learn and Sing LP. It has the black/silver label with the cage 004 mark. And it says Mar'1979. I guess that might confuse the uninitiated!

There's deffo no words on the runoff other than cage 004 and some v. small letters *mt
starsabove
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:25 pm

Okay, on all three of my copies, the A side is "The Pictures On My Wall." The B side is "Read It In Books."

On both the lighter blue and darker blue striped copies:

(A Side) The runoff is etched with: CAGE 004-A, LYN 6542-IM, MAX
(B Side) The runoff is etched with: CAGE 004-B, THE REVENGE OF VOODOO BILLY, LYN 6543-IM, MAX

On the silver/black (reissue) copy:

(A Side) The runoff is etched with: CAGE 004-A-1, *MT* L (note: the 4 is written over a 6)
(B Side) The runoff is etched with: CAGE 004-B+, *MT ankh symbol

I agree with tomo that the sleeves on the non-reissue copies have a stronger red and more defined design. However, the Balfe, Drummond reference is present only on the sleeve of the reissue copy, not on the others.

The mystery continues.... :biggrin:
Fish Hook Girl

Postby JackT » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:36 pm

It seems like there a three versions then:

-original
-yellow & blue reissue
-silver & black reissue
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:48 am

tomo wrote:hang on i've just sussed it out... look at the back cover,

the first copy i bought says 'produced by the chameleons'

the other copy i have says 'produced by the chameleons (balfe, drummond)'

problem solved??

mine are that way too, pete! both of the lighter blue ones just say produced by the chameleons, and the darker blue one says balfe and drummond on it! so i'd say the lighter blue ones are definitely the first ones! i totally forgot about that, i remember noticing it when i first bought my voodoo billy run-off one, earlier this year.

the weird thing is tho, i don't have the black/silver one. the one i got as a freebie is the darker blue one! (at least i'm like 99% sure.....i'd have to look farther in my stack of bunny 7 inches, but i don't think i have a black/silver one)
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:53 am

Grrrrrrrr why are they doing this to me.

So is there a super secret, really, really, original version of "Street to Street" that I also wasn't aware of?
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:50 am

JackT wrote:Grrrrrrrr why are they doing this to me.

So is there a super secret, really, really, original version of "Street to Street" that I also wasn't aware of?

Come again?

So, when we figure out the Read It In Books mystery, can we move on to the Rescue single release? Image
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:57 am

tomo wrote:the picture sleeve has the cutout on the front

hang on i've just sussed it out... look at the back cover, the first copy i bought says 'produced by the chameleons'

the other copy i have says 'produced by the chameleons (balfe, drummond)'

tomo, does the sleeve that you have that references balfe/drummond have the cut out in the front or in the back? :question:
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Red » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:30 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:tomo, does the sleeve that you have that references balfe/drummond have the cut out in the front or in the back? :question:

by cut out do you mean the sort of slot where you can get ahold of the record? all 3 of mine are in the back, but the one on the balfe one is a different shape than the two non/balfe ones.

this is enough to make ya cRaZy!

and let's not even mentioin the Rescue singles!!! :lol:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:50 pm

Red wrote:by cut out do you mean the sort of slot where you can get ahold of the record? all 3 of mine are in the back, but the one on the balfe one is a different shape than the two non/balfe ones.

Yes, the cut out means sort of slot. I thought maybe it meant something or would give us a definitive clue according to what tomo replied, but now I can't remember my theory. LOL! My balfe one is in the back, but I'm not sure of the shape. I'll check later. :mrgreen:

Edit: Yes, my balfe (silver/black label) copy cut out is different from the cut outs on the other two copies I have. However, all three copies have different shaped cut outs.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby tomo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:03 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:tomo, does the sleeve that you have that references balfe/drummond have the cut out in the front or in the back? :question:

the balfe/drummond one has the cutout on the back..

the chameleons one (original) has the cutout on the bunnygod front side..

just wondering why we all own multiple copies of this single?
tomo

Postby JackT » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:26 pm

'cause we're retarded? I'm definitely getting the voodoo one in addition to the one I have.
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby tomo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:38 pm

dunno do i?

maybe though haha... i've got 3 copies 2 of which i've never played or and never likely to!
tomo

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:44 pm

I bought this one. It at least has the Voodoo Billy thing, but i don't see a cutout on the front. I guess when it arrives I'll see about the drummond/balfe thing

I had no idea this would be so complicated :eek:
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackT » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:40 pm

On the other hand, it gives you some interesting data for your internet-best discography.
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:02 pm

admin wrote:I bought this one. It at least has the Voodoo Billy thing, but i don't see a cutout on the front. I guess when it arrives I'll see about the drummond/balfe thing

I had no idea this would be so complicated :eek:

This the one I'm referring to as the lighter/medium blue version. Congrats on your purchase. :lol:
Fish Hook Girl

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen