Question about the Pictures On My Wall single

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby blinkilite » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:11 pm

that's odd that there are 2 diff versions with the voodoo billy. i bought one on ebay a while back, and the one i have has the darker (almost purple) blue stripes and says voodoo billy in the runoff.

brian, i am glad to have your website... the bunnymen have so many frikkin' different releases, it's hard to keep it all straight! :eek:
blinkilite

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:15 pm

blinkilite wrote:that's odd that there are 2 diff versions with the voodoo billy. i bought one on ebay a while back, and the one i have has the darker (almost purple) blue stripes and says voodoo billy in the runoff.

brian, i am glad to have your website... the bunnymen have so many frikkin' different releases, it's hard to keep it all straight! :eek:

I've discovered lots more while re-tooling the discography to organize it better, which will probably be ready in a few months.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Brian » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:15 am

This one appears to say 004 A instead of B (right above "Zoo!" at the top:

Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Red » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:46 pm

doh!! just discussing this with a friend.....the 004 A is the A side - Pictures on my Wall......and 004 B is the B side - Read it in Books... so the catalog # is just CAGE 004.

i'll scan in my lighter one for ya too, Brian....but not right now...a little busy today.
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:34 pm

No problem. I don't own the 7" and I want to buy the absolute original one, not the 2nd pressing or the reissue which we know now is the silver/black one.

It sounds like I want the light blue on yellow with Voodoo Billy in the runoff. Do you guys agree with that? It sounds like the darker blue one was the second pressing and some had the runoff and some did not. I see contradictions all over the place and prices seem to vary quite a bit and I just want the best deal too.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackT » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:01 pm

My copy looks like the picture that red posted. What is this "voodoo billy" thing in the runoff? Is it audio or is it text physically inscribed in the runoff area?
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:22 pm

I thought the lighter blue striped version was the original, but I don't remember why I think that. Brian, would it be worth the effort to email Will and ask if he remembers the particulars surrounding this release?

Also, I came across this source for discography info.

http://books.google.com/books?id=CsooY_ ... R4VZRLzUMA
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:23 pm

JackT wrote:What is this "voodoo billy" thing in the runoff? Is it audio or is it text physically inscribed in the runoff area?

The Voodoo Billy thing is engraved into the runoff area in block letters. No audio, only text.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby JackT » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:28 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:The Voodoo Billy thing is engraved into the runoff area in block letters. No audio, only text.

Ok. Mine doesn't have it.

Am I a failure?
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:31 pm

JackT wrote:Ok. Mine doesn't have it.

Am I a failure?

No.

But, did you look on the B side?

Assuming you did, Red's copy doesn't have the inscription either.

Do you have any inscription on the A side? I have the word MAX on that side. That's on both the lighter blue and darker blue copies. There's also some numbers, like a catalogue code.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby JackT » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:45 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:No.

But, did you look on the B side?

Assuming you did, Red's copy doesn't have the inscription either.

Do you have any inscription on the A side? I have the word MAX on that side. That's on both the lighter blue and darker blue copies. There's also some numbers, like a catalogue code.

Here is what is written on mine:

Side A

"CAGE-004-A-1"
"*MT*1"
"DAMONT"
"H" or "I" (depending on how you look at it)

Side B
"CAGE-004-B4"
"1" (sideways) "*MT" with something that looks somewhat like an ankh
"DAMONT"
"H" or "I" (depending on how you look at it)
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:49 pm

Oh wow! I don't think my copy has anything close to that. But I'm not able to look at it right now. (I'm at work.) But I'll look to see what mine says as soon as possible!
Fish Hook Girl

Postby JackT » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:51 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:Oh wow! I don't think my copy has anything close to that. But I'm not able to look at it right now. (I'm at work.) But I'll look to see what mines says as soon as possible!

You really have to look to see the writing, which is probably why you haven't noticed it.
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:53 pm

JackT wrote:You really have to look to see the writing, which is probably why you haven't noticed it.

That's quite possible.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby tomo » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:55 pm

brian, i bought the original copy the week it was released from penny lane records in liverpool... so i would think that this is likely to be from the original 4,000.

the voodoo billy is on the b side
the picture sleeve has the cutout on the front
the red on the cover is darker
the echo and the bunnymen etched logo on the front cover is better defined..looks smudged on later versions
i wouldn't say the blue lines were light on any copy i have.. both dark
the black/silver copy was issued free with the vinyl songs to learn and sing

hang on i've just sussed it out... look at the back cover,

the first copy i bought says 'produced by the chameleons'

the other copy i have says 'produced by the chameleons (balfe, drummond)'

problem solved??
tomo

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen