Nice find on YouTube: Run, Run, Run

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Nice find on YouTube: Run, Run, Run

Postby Frank The Bunny » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:25 pm

I'd never seen this before.
It's great, but for a short video blurp in the middle

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zKcqxYawXKo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zKcqxYawXKo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:55 pm

Thanks Frank! Good find :cool:
moondance

Postby Blackheathen » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:50 am

Also part of that same show is a great version of Lips Like Sugar.
Not my favourite song, but this version gets me every time! Really outstanding performance I think.

(The Game is first, then LLS starts at about 3:40)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YjwQepnmbxE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YjwQepnmbxE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Blackheathen

Postby Grumpy_Jimbo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:44 am

Couple of trivia points about this performance, first being the "Bard Of Barking" Billy bragg is playing with them on Run Run Run and secondly this was the first live performance of The Bunnymen featuring Pete after he rejoined the band......

Jimbo a mind of useless trivia..................
Grumpy_Jimbo

Postby moondance » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:21 am

Grumpy_Jimbo wrote:Couple of trivia points about this performance, first being the "Bard Of Barking" Billy bragg is playing with them on Run Run Run and secondly this was the first live performance of The Bunnymen featuring Pete after he rejoined the band......

I love the trivia! Thanks Jimbo :biggrin:
moondance

Postby Mr. Brian » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:23 am

Grumpy_Jimbo wrote:Couple of trivia points about this performance, first being the "Bard Of Barking" Billy bragg is playing with them on Run Run Run and secondly this was the first live performance of The Bunnymen featuring Pete after he rejoined the band......

That's great trivia though!
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave Smith » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:38 am

The version of The Game is best ever.I was so excited when they played it BBC2.I remember forcing the family to miss The Generation Game ( I think)on BBC1 so I could video it.Fell asleep for Run Run Run!Lips had lost something though from the rush of a song on The Songs to Learn tour.Evidence of the tinkering to follow...
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:17 pm

The Game/LLS video has such a powerful spirit to it. I can well understand how you kicked the family out of the room Dave.
moondance

Postby marco » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:56 am

Thanks very much for the link. For the life of me, I really wish Mac would get back to playing guitar...I think it makes the live show much more dynamic in general.
marco

Postby withahip » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:25 am

I am now convinced that Laurie Latham's input ruined the Grey album. The live tracks are much better as are the outtakes and demos that I have heard.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen