Why?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby violets » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:37 pm

happy_loss wrote:it's either gonna be totally epic or a complete disaster.

that statement makes it even more exciting. either way you have something to talk about for years to come.
violets

Postby starsabove » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:37 am

And nothing like some serious expectations from the fanbase!

If we're not all in tears by the end, it won't have succeeded - I want some serious emotional drama out of this one.

I just hope they're up to it - after all they have go the best part of a year to plan it.

Or maybe that was what I wanted back in 1984 and I haven't moved on??
starsabove
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Red » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:58 am

moondance wrote:Did they? Wouldn't know.

yeah, there are a lot of bands doing this these days, mooines! there's a concert series in London called 'Don't Look Back'. i'm wondering if this will be labelled as part of that when the time comes next year, although it's gonna be sold out LONG before that!!

think they'll add a 2nd show? :mrgreen:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:17 pm

Red wrote:think they'll add a 2nd show? :mrgreen:

I didn't think of that. Do you really think that they will do something the night before the Ocean Rain show?
moondance

Postby zabird » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:27 pm

moondance wrote:I didn't think of that. Do you really think that they will do something the night before the Ocean Rain show?

Squeeee, that would be grand! :biggrin:
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:00 pm

There is a simple way to ensure that the RHA gig is a success. Ramp up the sound of the percussion, guitars and the orchestra, so it's along the lines of some of the stuff that's on Youtube from the Tube in the early 80s. Mac's current voice would suit that. Make it too timid and it'll be crap, and a weak imitation of the original album. Will the Mac and Will give the current drummer the room to do that though?
guitarplayer on here too

Postby Scouser » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:29 am

Its funny this Ocean Rain business. I was only thinking the other week "I hope EATB dont jump on the classic album done live bandwagon" and then they go and announce it.

The saving grace is that its at the Royal Albert Hall with a full orchestra, so could be great.

But its all 80's has beens doing these shows - Numan, OMD, Human League etc. Its like your last throw of the dice, flogging the nostalgia dead horse.

It could be great, it really could. I just wish they hadnt done it at the same time every one hit wonder from the me decade was crawling out the woodwork to do theirs. It cheapens the Bunnymen myth yet again.

But...it could be amazing.
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:12 am

Scouser wrote:But its all 80's has beens doing these shows - Numan, OMD, Human League etc. Its like your last throw of the dice, flogging the nostalgia dead horse.

It's not really QUITE the same as those bands. I mean E&tB have been a working band for over 25 years (off and on) and have put out 5 albums since the '90s.

All I'm saying is that they are not the usual '80s "has been" band, at least they have put forth a modest amount of effort not to be.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:51 am

JackT wrote:

All I'm saying is that they are not the usual '80s "has been" band,

And then you look at the live setlist ...
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby guitarplayer on here too » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:19 pm

Yep, the setlist had been turned into a 80s has-been tour.

Ocean Rain though is a different kettle of fish. It's just a pity though that they haven't been able to produce an album as good as that or anything before it since. And judging by the few tracks that I have heard from the forthcoming album, that won't be of Ocean Rain's quality either.
guitarplayer on here too

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen