Why?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Why?

Postby black francis » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:57 am

Is there so much excitement over the Ocean Rain gig?
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:28 am

Dunno, it's left me a bit bemused and looking at all the squealing going on on the dark side just a little bit nauseous.
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby happy_loss » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:15 am

I must say it is one of the cooler things they've done in the past 20 years or so. Very ambitious, it's either gonna be totally epic or a complete disaster.
happy_loss

Postby tomo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:01 am

and that's probably why the excitement... all the time people complain about the predictability of the set in recent years, so can't understand why anybody wouldn't be at least mildly excited!
tomo

Postby Seven Seas » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:02 am

Aren't any of you guys going?
Seven Seas

Postby moondance » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:32 am

I suggested that they do shows just concentrating one album at a time so I feel like it was sort of my idea. I love Ocean Rain and I am just plain excited. So shoot me!
moondance

Postby JackT » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:06 am

Oh I don't know. It's only the show I've been dreaming about my whole life is all.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:35 am

moondance wrote:I suggested that they do shows just concentrating one album at a time so I feel like it was sort of my idea. !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will told me at KoKo (year or two back) that they were planning this..........at that time it was going to be at the caves, tho...pity that didn't happen, but the Albert Hall is exciting!!!

i don't understand why people can't see what a cool show this will be!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Frank The Bunny » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:43 am

moondance wrote:I suggested that they do shows just concentrating one album at a time so I feel like it was sort of my idea.

Not that The Cure, Brian Wilson, Cheap Trick or any number of other artists have done this before, with varying degrees of success.
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:18 am

Frank The Bunny wrote:Not that The Cure, Brian Wilson, Cheap Trick or any number of other artists have done this before, with varying degrees of success.

Did they? Wouldn't know.
moondance

Postby moondance » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:27 am

Red wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Will told me at KoKo (year or two back) that they were planning this..........at that time it was going to be at the caves, tho...pity that didn't happen, but the Albert Hall is exciting!!!

I didn't go to koko so that is amazing me and Will had the same idea. :razz:

Hee hee!
moondance

Postby black francis » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:34 am

Okay I kinda get it. I feel the same way about Guns N' Roses "The Chinese Democracy". It's either gonna be the greatest album of all time or the worst and I'm fine cause either way it just adds to the GNR mythology.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dave Smith » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:10 am

The gig has the potential to be the best and worst gig they have ever played.Ok-its a bit nostalgic,and only half the Bunnymen are playing but.....I've been a fierce critic of them not trying anything new so I cant complain at my fav album of all time being played by my fave band at the Royal Albert.If its a disaster it will finish them off so its a brave move.House of Love did the same thing in September at Koko in lOndon with their first album and have received nothing but praise.Its all down to how John Wayne sings.....Mac really is living out his Bowie fantasies isnt He?'Gotta be in a film like David'
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:45 am

I hope they just take it slow and present the album with all the grandeur that it deserves. They're going to have a full orchestra. Its about respecting their own past.
I do hope that Les is included in this. He deserves to be. This could be a very life-affirming moment for everybody. I think it will be transcending.
moondance

Postby Dr Cheese » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:41 pm

moondance wrote:I do hope that Les is included in this. He deserves to be.

The question is does he want to be? I reckon the answer is probably "No, thanks."
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen