Do It Clean Live Version?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Do It Clean Live Version?

Postby withahip » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:17 pm

What version of Do It Clean live has the beginning start with a recording of someone talking about a gun, Mac breaks into Love Love Love, Strangers In The Night, and Sex Machine and a great Will guitar wig out?

Is this New Live and Rare?

Thanks.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:53 pm

the 'can't just shoot a man in the back' version? my fave version! isn't that the royal albert hall version? i'd have to check my vinyl, and i don't like playing vinyl! hehehee but i'll look.
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:03 pm

the New Live and Rare version doesn't start with the shoot a man in the back thing....(just checked) ...and that one has Lucille/Garbage Man in it.
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:10 pm

i was right.....it's the royal albert hall version. it's on the blue ep.
Never Stop/Rescue/Cutter/Back of Love /Do It Clean (live)

first bunnymen thing i ever bought!! :-)
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:01 pm

Red wrote:i was right.....it's the royal albert hall version. it's on the blue ep.
Never Stop/Rescue/Cutter/Back of Love /Do It Clean (live)

first bunnymen thing i ever bought!! :-)

Is this on cd? If you have a link send me a pm to a store selling. I must have it.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Ted » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:10 pm

The blue ep or the sound of echo or whatever it's called, is just a US vinyl release I think...but the same version of Do it Clean is on the Crystal Days box set 4th disc...right?
Ted

Postby Red » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:24 pm

i'll have to check Ted. my box set is up there-------> and i's very busy decorating for Xmas. hehehe i'll go get it a bit later and see. but yes, that EP is a US release, and there's a cd too, but it doesn't have the same track listing.
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:34 pm

derp - why yes it is. They cut that "Shoot a man in the back line" out of the intro and I didn;t remember Mac's voice cracking in the tune. Actually, getting it in junior high second generation cassette dub - there is a lot I missed listening to it now.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:39 pm

That 12" Killing Moon single with the "you can't just shoot a man in the back" Do it Clean was the first E&tB vinyl I ever bought, and the first time I had heard Do it Clean in any form. (At that point I had heard only Ocean Rain on cassette.) It spurred me to go out and get Crocodiles.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:05 pm

Red wrote:i'll have to check Ted. my box set is up there-------> and i's very busy decorating for Xmas. hehehe i'll go get it a bit later and see. but yes, that EP is a US release, and there's a cd too, but it doesn't have the same track listing.

I bought the Japanese release of the CD of the EP (I believe it was referred to as "The Sound Of Echo" when it was released) and the track listings are exactly the same.

I'm going to listen to the New Live and Rare version now. I didn't know it had been edited.

Duh. Of course it's not the same version -- it's from different shows. The liner notes on New Live and Rare say the track was from the RAH show on July 18, 1983, but it's obvious from a listen that the track was recorded in Sweden, especially when Ian says "clever Swedes" to the handclapping.

I like both versions. :lol:
Last edited by Fish Hook Girl on Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby withahip » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:25 pm

JackT wrote:That 12" Killing Moon single with the "you can't just shoot a man in the back" Do it Clean was the first E&tB vinyl I ever bought, and the first time I had heard Do it Clean in any form. (At that point I had heard only Ocean Rain on cassette.) It spurred me to go out and get Crocodiles.

Yeah, my friend had that ep and I got a dub of it juiced high through his preamp.

Bunnymen have an album called Ocean Rain, Jack?
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:26 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:I'm going to listen to the New Live and Rare version now. I didn't know it had been edited.

the albert hall version, and the new live and rare version, aren't the same at all...different songs in the middle of the tune.
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:30 pm

Red wrote:the albert hall version, and the new live and rare version, aren't the same at all...different songs in the middle of the tune.

I know, Red. See my edit above.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Ted » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:30 pm

Red wrote:the albert hall version, and the new live and rare version, aren't the same at all...different songs in the middle of the tune.

Both are fantastic! always loved the rockabilly edge to the "New, Live and Rare" version Lucille! Please come back where you belong....
Ted

Postby JackT » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:45 pm

withahip wrote:Bunnymen have an album called Ocean Rain, Jack?

Yes, it's from the pre-Flowers era I was telling you about.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen