Do It Clean Live Version?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby moondance » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:17 pm

Isn't the Albert Hall show supposed to be released on DVD this year? Or am I mistaken? If it is, then maybe they will put out the soundtrack.
moondance

Postby JackT » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:24 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:I think we now know who Scouser is -- Laura Frank Clifford:

Has anyone heard Echo and the Bunnymen's latest effort - "Ocean Rain"?
Being a devout Bunnymen fan, I'm beginning to get worried that they're
about to take a serious nosedive. I've heard two singles from the new
l.p. - "Killing Moon" and "Silver", both of which I think are far inferior
to anything on "Porcupine", "Heaven Up Here", and "Crocodiles".

I wonder if she's going to see them in September.... :wink:

She is apparently a fairly successful movie reviewer now. I emailed her awhile back about her comments in 1984. She says she still doesn't care for the record that much.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:37 am

I located the The Killing Moon Version. Thanks Ted.

It squashes the Crystal Days version like a grape. Right off the bat, the kick drum is going like a rock-a-billy tune. Mac is more energetic than on any recording I have ever heard elsewhere. Will's guitar is an avalanche covering it all.

It is just as good as I remembered.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Ted » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:24 am

The "New Live & Rare" version is from the same show as the other live tracks....The Karen Club, Gothenburg, Sweden April 25, 1985.
Ted

Postby Dr M » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:07 am

withahip wrote:Amazing that that remains out there. Who the hell was posting in 1984 other than computer science majors?

Kate Bush fans, it would appear.
Dr M
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Red » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:45 am

withahip wrote: Will's guitar is an avalanche covering it all.

i LOVE Will's guitar in that version. that was the very first bunnymen song i ever heard....still one of my all time faves to this day!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:28 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:I bought the Japanese release of the CD of the EP (I believe it was referred to as "The Sound Of Echo" when it was released) and the track listings are exactly the same.

i am such a dorkette!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mine is the same too!

ya know what i was thinking of...when i was playing the cd in the car (just got it recently) i was thinking this isn't the same track listing, it's stoopid........but what i was thinking of was the track listing for the other record that the Do It clean track was on, coz i played that one more! hehehehee doh! :rolleyes:

sorry!!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen