This may help you chose your seat

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby Kounelaki » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:54 am

moondance wrote:Just checked-currently if I book from NY to London (LHR) the cost would be $579.10 on Air India (non-stop-the cheapest flight) but I will just keep checking the prices.

MD, the food is great on Air India but the flights can be delayed. It might be worth booking a few days before the gig to make sure you get there on time.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Grumpy_Jimbo » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:10 am

moondance wrote:I
Just checked-currently if I book from NY to London (LHR) the cost would be $579.10 on Air India (non-stop-the cheapest flight) but I will just keep checking the prices.

Thats actually not bad am paying £ 278.00 ( $560.00) to fly to New York to see The Cure in June, which is pretty cheap for UK flights.....

Jimbo
Grumpy_Jimbo

Postby moondance » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:14 am

I will wait until July I think to book the flight. Unless people think thats a bad idea. I have no experience with this sort of thing.
moondance

Postby Grumpy_Jimbo » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:18 am

I dunno how it works coming from the states, but in my experience flying to the states from the UK, I prefer to book well in advance as it tends to be cheaper and your sure to get your dates and times ok.

On that I'd say you would be best to take advice from your fellow yanks as no doubt they know how it works your side of the pond better...

Jimbo
Grumpy_Jimbo

Postby Red » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:40 am

moondance wrote:I will wait until July I think to book the flight. Unless people think thats a bad idea. I have no experience with this sort of thing.

as many times as i've been over, i always check flights early and usually end up saving $200 - $300 off the first price i see by waiting til closer! and besides, what if they do a warm up show the night before, or something?.....then you're stuck missing out coz you already bought a ticket MONTHS before you really need to. i've known 8 months ahead sometimes and have NEVER bought my ticket that early and have always gotten a much better deal by waiting. this trip (in Dec) is actually the earliest in advance i've ever got my ticket. as long as you keep an eye on the sales, you'll be better off waiting. and especially for you mary, living so close to JFK, there are deal to London ALL the time!!!

it's up to everyone else what you do..........but i'm waiting!

(i would, however, book hotel rooms now!)
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Seven Seas » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:05 pm

Hey everyone!!!

I hope ALL of you got seats/tickets...

After 7 unsuccessful attempts, 2 e-mails to the company & 4 phone calls, I FINALLY got tickets! I even convinced the seller, James, to get a pair for himself. We had a long chat about it. lol

Pete called me at 5:00AM this morning to tell me it was there! I was like WTH?!?!? He was at work doing OT & happened to log-on & call me.

Well, we got Block H, Row 8, Seats 18 & 19!!!! Any neighbors from here?

We're sooo stoked now, can you feel the excitement in the air?

Now, off to work Overtime for the next 1000+ hours and to find deals w/ flights/hotels.

Pete waves to all of you here now & I'm really stoked. I will admit I'm NOT over at all (even w/ the gigs next week) about what happened to me on Albert Dock & my future w/ my now ex but, I look to this excitement as some form of positivity & a way of grasping that (positivity) for future endeavors....

GOOD luck everyone & we hope you get all you want.
Last edited by Seven Seas on Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seven Seas

Postby Seven Seas » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:07 pm

Grumpy_Jimbo wrote:Thats actually not bad am paying £ 278.00 ( $560.00) to fly to New York to see The Cure in June, which is pretty cheap for UK flights.....

Jimbo

You're still coming over for that? Great!

Pete & me have our tickets & the show we'll be going to is May 20th in Philly. I'm stoked! :)
Seven Seas

Postby Red » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:25 pm

Seven Seas wrote:After 7 unsuccessful attempts, 2 e-mails to the company & 4 phone calls, I FINALLY got tickets!

:eek:

anyone else have trouble??
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby electrabunny » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:40 pm

I had no problems at all. When I got up this morning I checked the Bunnymen home page first and there was the news that said to log into the forum for the link. After I got my tix, I finally checked my e-mail and I did receive the e-mail.
electrabunny

Postby moondance » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:08 pm

I think it was confusing because I kept waiting for something to come up on bunnymen.com home page.

I thought some magical thing was going to happen. My bad!
moondance

Postby electrabunny » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:45 pm

My only beef is that he could've told us what time he was going to hit the magical button so we could've planned better. I ended up leaving work to make it home for the "midnight launch", when I really should have stayed later. But I'm glad that there were still good tickets a few hours after it started the pre-sale started. I didn't buy them until 7 am EST.
electrabunny

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen