Fountain Started Life as a Mac Solo - Knew It

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Postby JackT » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:26 pm

I do the tedious rants around here Scouser. Get your own thing.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:57 pm

Please ask me to delete Scouser's account.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Scouser » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Please delete my account for the Echo & The Bunnymen part of the website, but leave me the other bits.

On the other hand, dont do that, I like laughing at Dave's posts.
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:41 pm

And likewise-the 'too cool for school' dissections of two musicians in their fifties still making music but not 'challenging' themselves.It's easy to challenge yourself for 30 years on soddin electronic instruments-just download a new bit of software with shitty samples,sequence them up and 'hey presto' you've got a new 'sound' that forumites can wank over.When was the last time Cope mattered for fucks sake?

As for 'Wolvo' you try typing Wolverhampton all the time.Numan is playing there -bollocks to that twat and his fucking sad numanoid twat wankers.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:50 pm

:lol:

Looks like Dave has had his cage well and truly rattled!
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby withahip » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Scouser wrote:
I know bands from the 80's era often fall into two camps - those that recycle their glories to an ever diminishing fanbase, and those that still push the boundaries and push themselves (to an ever diminishing fanbase). I never in a million years thought the Bunnymen would fall into the first group.

No, no, no. I would take a rehashing of Heaven Up Here.

This is the third group - lazy and new. Stick to the confines of a traditional song format on EVERY track without one bit of what made the band so original. Wait, Will's guitar lines are still a bit unique. I will give them that.

Life Of A Thousand Crimes is good.

What does Dave Smith listen to that makes him hold this in such high regard? Matchbox 20?
Last edited by withahip on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
withahip
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby the ghost of guitarplayer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:20 pm

What kind of TIT would call Numan a twat before he and his fucking sad numanoid twat wankers have played at Wolverhampton?
the ghost of guitarplayer
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:39 pm

So far Life of a Thousand Crimes and the The Shroud of Turin (sounds kind of like The Church to me) intrigue me.

Nothing offends me thus far except the lyrics to Do You Know Who I Am?

I wish I was as excited about this album as Dave. I miss that feeling.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby black francis » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:42 pm

I forgot Epic turned into Forgotten Fields. Okay I kinda like this one too. Think it sounded better live but what can you do?

Edit: I could do without The Idleness of Gods.
Last edited by black francis on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Scouser » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:39 am

Dr Cheese wrote::lol:

Looks like Dave has had his cage well and truly rattled!

He'll be alright in a minute, Tight Fit (only one original member left) are playing Wolverhampton (God that does take a long time to type) Pizza Hut on Thursday night and he's going.

When was the last time Cope mattered? When was the last time the Bunnymen mattered? At least Cope writes weird books about stone circles and Krautrock (as well as his biographies).

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:54 am

always thought japan were shite but making it up as you go along... ooo**, like comedy and jazz.... does that make it good or does it mean you cant be arsed writing the words down any more? Also, funny how numan's 'cool' these days***. i remember when people used to spit at you in the street if you mentioned are friends electric. that'll be the sugabes fault i expect. now theres a band with an ideal, already onto a lineup with no original members. perhaps both mac and will should pack it in - mac can go around improvising and will can do the soundscapes thing.

chez

**and i ought to point out that my early knee jerk reaction to sylvians haunting vocal style and mostly his poncy haircut means i haven't avtually heard anythiung he's done for nigh on, oo, thirty years so for all i know he might be quite good. but if my mate said eh chez, you want to come down the zodiac and see sylvo making it up as he goes along i'd have to use the old, 'sorry theres an old episode of hollyoaks i missed', routine.

*** which reminds me, all you elctronic type folks, BBC4 has a big thing about the synthesizer genre of stuff on friday night i think - numan, the mode, all those i gather.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:51 am

Shut the fuck up or I'll set Red onto you all.

With a Hip-look up irony in the dictionary will you.Its before 'M' for my fave band Matchbox20 .

Nothing wrong with Tight Fit.There's that famous radio phone -in where they played In the Jungle and asked who the band were:

DJ "who do you think it is then"
Caller "dont know"
DJ "think of your husband in his underpants
Caller " I;ve got it.....Big Banana?"

Classic.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:28 am

Dave Smith wrote:Shut the fuck up or I'll set Red onto you all.

With a Hip-look up irony in the dictionary will you.Its before 'M' for my fave band Matchbox20 .

Nothing wrong with Tight Fit.There's that famous radio phone -in where they played In the Jungle and asked who the band were:

DJ "who do you think it is then"
Caller "dont know"
DJ "think of your husband in his underpants
Caller " I;ve got it.....Big Banana?"

Classic.

You've just made that up havent you?

Talking of comedy and irony (see what I did there) there is always the classic Blackadder moment -

Blackadder - "Do you know what irony is Baldrick?"
Baldrick - "Its like Goldy and Bronzy, only made of iron"

Comedy gold (or Green)

Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:14 am

No.True story.

Anyway Mr R...Numan is harking around The Pleasure Principle nostalgia tour!!
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Tight Fit? Sounds like a title for Gary Glitter's Thailand memoirs.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen