Bunnymen sightings!!!

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Bunnymen sightings!!!

Postby Red » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:32 pm

Strange things happen around Halloween time.........there have been rumours of Bunnymen sightings in Philly over the weekend!

heehee........had a blast meeting up with Blinkie and DJ Bunnyboy at the 'Sex Dwarf' Halloween bash last night! You were supposed to dress up as your favourite new wave stars...so Blinkie and I went as Mac and Les! :lol:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Red » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:12 pm

ps..........was originally gonna make a fish costume, but didn't have time to do a paper mache fish! :lol:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JackT » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:39 pm

I'm guessing 0 people had any idea what you were.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby violets » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:19 pm

I love it! Seven Seas is one of my fave Bunnymen music videos. Blinkie should have went as girly Mac with the wig and makeup! :lol:
violets

Postby she's lost control » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:29 pm

Very funny and genius at the same time!
Thanks for the sharing the pix :)
she's lost control
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby moondance » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:37 pm

Hey, DJ Bunnyboy was there too? That looks like so much fun and you look great as Les, Blinki looks fab as Mac! Good costumes! 8)
moondance

Postby Red » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:14 pm

violets wrote: Blinkie should have went as girly Mac with the wig and makeup! :lol:

hehehee, i did offer to bring a blonde wig! :lol: i was going to borrow flippers from my father-in-law but couldn't connect up in time to get them. :cry:

actually Jack, a lot of people loved my costume but had to ask why i was a penguin. :? for all the cool 80's stuff they played, and as many people as there were that knew all the words to 'Lips', i would have thought more people would have 'got it'. :roll: after i told a few people why i was wearing it they were all like 'oh yeah.' but geesh. :? it was still fun, and when we first walked in Bunnyboy got a huge kick out of us.......so that was worth it! :D
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby blinkilite » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:00 pm

Red wrote:
violets wrote: Blinkie should have went as girly Mac with the wig and makeup! :lol:

hehehee, i did offer to bring a blonde wig! :lol: i was going to borrow flippers from my father-in-law but couldn't connect up in time to get them. :cry:

actually Jack, a lot of people loved my costume but had to ask why i was a penguin. :? for all the cool 80's stuff they played, and as many people as there were that knew all the words to 'Lips', i would have thought more people would have 'got it'. :roll: after i told a few people why i was wearing it they were all like 'oh yeah.' but geesh. :? it was still fun, and when we first walked in Bunnyboy got a huge kick out of us.......so that was worth it! :D

yeah, we got a lot of looks... especially red. her costume was definitely the most put-together of the bunch... and DJ Marilyn Thomas (one of the DJs who hosted the event) said she wishes there was a prize for best costume, cuz Red would have won.

it took a damn long time to tease my hair out that much... i can't imagine the hell mac must've had to go through all the time LOL :lol:

thanks again red for coming up, it was a blast!!! :D thanks for posting the photos too!!!
blinkilite

Postby Red » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:11 pm

blinkilite wrote:she said she wishes there was a prize for best costume, cuz Red would have won.

Cool! :mrgreen: (i didn't hear that...it was too loud in there! :lol: ) it was a fun time!
pfft!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:30 am

blinkilite wrote:
it took a damn long time to tease my hair out that much... i can't imagine the hell mac must've had to go through all the time LOL :lol:

Didn't Ian say once that at one time he used Coca Cola to get his hair that way?
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Red » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:53 am

i have the funniest interview on tape from MTV in the mid 80's where Ian tells how he does his hair. it's the most hilarious thing ever! i wish i knew how to get my stuff off video tape and onto dvd! :?
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:44 pm

admin wrote:Didn't Ian say once that at one time he used Coca Cola to get his hair that way?

I have definitely heard that too! Plus some hairspray that was getting banned due to the aerosol content. He bought every can of it he could find, saying something like "sod the environment, I need me hair". :lol:
moondance

Postby watercolors » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:40 am

Red & Blinki!!

You look like someone i know!

You both look great! sounds like a good time!! 8)
Screaming from beneath the waves...
watercolors

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen