Timebomb

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Timebomb

Postby JackT » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:00 am

That song is just the sh*t. That's all.
"He was a mongoose, rather like a little cat in his fur and his tail, but quite like a weasel in his head and his habits."
JackT
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:33 am

Word.

That whole album is the shit. Sister Pain, Time Bomb and Whose Been Sleeping in My Head are classics.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Red » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:46 pm

Never!

(i mean.......Never.... is the shit!!) hehehee :wink:

yeah, GREAT album!!!
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:24 pm

Sister Pain is THE great lost Mac/Will song.They should really play it live,although Burned has had a few outings.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:52 pm

It's a shame when Mac and Will really branched out and tried something new for them it was completely ignored. If they wanted to shelve the Bunnymen and bring back Electrafixion I'd quit my job, leave the kids and follow Electrafixion, selling hand made hippy jewelry to support myself.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Mr. Brian » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:36 am

Even some of the most hardcore Bunnymen fans were not aware that Electrafixion existed at the time. I don't know if it was timing or management or both. I wasn't even aware until after the fact. No one seemed to want a British grunge type band at the time when Britpop was going on and America was enamored by the Seattle type sound. In their minds, no one seemed to give a shit, so why bother? It wouldn't kill them to toss in one song in a set however.

Maybe instead of the billionth time Mac "ad-libs" into the same song the same lyrics from Light My Fire or Roadhouse Blues or James Brown or whatever he could throw us a bone and "ad-lib" some Efix lyrics instead? I think they played the Iggy cover Loose that they covered in Efix, at some shows but that's about it right?
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:41 am

admin wrote:I think they played the Iggy cover Loose that they covered in Efix, at some shows but that's about it right?

They played it at the E'fix show in November 1995 in Boston. Right before they played the song, Ian told us that this was the song they based "Do It Clean" on. Of course, I'm fascinated by stuff like that, so I'm listening intently. But I think the rest of the crowd, except for maybe two others, were told to talk amongst yourselves. Seriously, no one was paying attention to him. And he says something like, I'm trying to tell you people something. And still no one really paid attention to him. So he shook his head, shrugged and looked back at Will and the song started. He wasn't too chatty after that exchange.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Dave Smith » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:55 pm

For Do it Clean try 13th Floor Elevator 'You're Gonna Miss Me'

Electrafixion live in the tent at the Reading Festival 95 is one of the best gigs I've ever seen.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby archivistmgc » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:46 pm

Electrafixion played in Austin in 1996. My husband suggested that we go: it was our anniversary, we had a sitter and he said, "It's the EatB guys, it should be good." Well, it changed my life. :wink: It was so fantastic, I wish I could time travel and go again. The show was poorly attended. Such a shame more people didn't have enough info about what was going on back then.

Speaking of 13th Floor Elevators. We got to get into a taping of Austin City Limits on Monday night with Roky Erickson performing. It will be aired on PBS on Jan 12. Roky was having so much fun and Billy Gibbons sat in for the whole set. :cool:
Page one of the pamphlet
archivistmgc

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen