Do you own the "More Songs to Learn and Sing" CD/D

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Do you own the "More Songs to Learn and Sing" CD/DVD?

yes
69%
no
31%

Total votes : 32

Postby Red » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:40 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote:I'm glad I got the dvd. The version of "Lips Like Sugar" on the compilation was never released in the U.S. So that's cool.

You mean the video? or the track on the cd? (sorry, i don't have it) i didn't realize there was a different video, if that's what you mean. Or even a different track version. (or else i did way back, and forgot.....old age and all!) :wink:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby blinkilite » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:49 pm

Red wrote:
Fish Hook Girl wrote:I'm glad I got the dvd. The version of "Lips Like Sugar" on the compilation was never released in the U.S. So that's cool.

You mean the video? or the track on the cd? (sorry, i don't have it) i didn't realize there was a different video, if that's what you mean. Or even a different track version. (or else i did way back, and forgot.....old age and all!) :wink:

the video on that DVD is the UK version... it's a lot different than the US version... and the weird girls in silver make a lot more sense. LOL it's definitely worth seeing...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SV3IsQlZsiM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SV3IsQlZsiM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
not just another drop in the ocean
blinkilite

Postby Red » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:08 pm

okay, so it's just the ending (when the huge lips appear, and the planet stuff) that's really different. i wonder how come i never saw that before! :eek:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:20 am

The video is different, not the music track. Of course, the U.S. version of that video is the superior version ( :wink: ) but it's good to see and have the U.K. version too.
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Red » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:32 pm

Fish Hook Girl wrote: Of course, the U.S. version of that video is the superior version ( :wink: )

I actually liked the weird quirky planet heads :lol: and Mac coming out of the crater! hahahaa I gotta own that version now! Why do you think ours is superior?
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby moondance » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:31 pm

I never had seen that version either. I just remember that the first time I saw the US version, I melted into a puddle on the floor!Image

Lots of good Imageaction that we never had in the US version. Also the crater singing and the planet head stuff is missing on our version.
moondance

Postby Fish Hook Girl » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:38 pm

Red wrote:
Fish Hook Girl wrote: Of course, the U.S. version of that video is the superior version ( :wink: )

Why do you think ours is superior?

Ours has better editing and is more cohesive and flows better. And who wants to see two broads prancing about when there's Ian looking all sexy and nice??? :lol:
Fish Hook Girl

Postby Red » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:37 am

oh i dunno...i think i prefer the quirky bunnymen stuff! the show where they appeared on tv wearing the planet heads makes so much more sense now! i never got why they did it before. now i do!

it's so weird that i never saw this version before, but now i can't find the US version anywhere online, so i can compare them! hahaha (video player is broken - lightning ggrrr)

i still think i prefer this one! the part where Les sings into the mic with Mac is the best part anyway - and it's in both versions! :wink: :mrgreen:
Red
Über Fan
Über Fan

Don't Got It - Don't Need It

Postby redgumball » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:03 am

The original was the best, but sadly I don't have the second MORE SONGs with DVD. What need is there really with YouTube?

As a fan, I would rather have hard-to-find studio sessions and demos including published recordings for the covers, etc. It would be groovy to have some of the covers listed on this site (thanks Brian) in original CD format. I mean The Doors "Take It As It Comes", "The End" , The Beatle's "Twist & Shout" , "Walk On The Wild Side" -- the list is endless of the stuff that has been performed, recorded and not released.

Even some of the demos and studio tracks are better then another re-release of Killing Moon. I have like 34 copies already -- give me the Parr Street Sudio version or something.
redgumball

Re: Don't Got It - Don't Need It

Postby Frank The Bunny » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:15 am

redgumball wrote:What need is there really with YouTube?

YouTube has removed most Bunnymen content
Frank The Bunny
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby rusty » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:29 am

Hadn't ever seen this before. At some point I had seen the planet head show appearance and had wondered why? Now it makes sense. Have to say i like this uk version. :biggrin:
rusty

Postby Missie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:23 pm

Same as Moondance....I wanted the DVD, and I have no idea what I expected, but it wasn't really worth all the fuss of getting it.

I never played the cd, either.
"Ever present, never twice the same; ever changing, never less than whole" --- Robert Irwin
Missie
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Seven Seas » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:49 pm

Yes, it's alright.
Seven Seas

Postby Dave Smith » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:41 pm

I bought the cd/dvd and still havnt watched the dvd's.The old videos are etched on my mind.Bought Dancing Horses dvd and watched it once.Pictures in my Wall video is nearly worn out.Says it all.Sooner the classic 80's shows are released the better.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Scouser » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:00 am

I bought it on the day of release...dvd is OK but the quality isnt great. I prefer the Ballyhoo compilation as the sound quality is better.

I know its a rip off but still had to buy it.
Mr. Brian, I find that offensive.

Scouser's inability to se others' point of view is rather grating.
Scouser
Über Fan
Über Fan

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen