Echo and the Bunnymen announce 2016 U.S. tour

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Echo and the Bunnymen announce 2016 U.S. tour

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon May 30, 2016 5:21 am

5times wrote:Rough seas?

Nah, just me I reckon. Calais - Dover isn't exactly a hurricane crossing in August. :biggrin:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Sick4Tunz » Mon May 30, 2016 4:23 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:Well I guess I won't be seeing them this time. I waited too long and Chicago sold out.

Go to Stubhub and buy a ticket to their show at the Metro. Like $48 plus fees. Buy it, and I'll PayPal you half the price. No lame excuses for not seeing them Mr. Brian.
Sick4Tunz

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue May 31, 2016 1:50 pm

Sick4Tunz wrote:
Mr. Brian wrote:Well I guess I won't be seeing them this time. I waited too long and Chicago sold out.

Go to Stubhub and buy a ticket to their show at the Metro. Like $48 plus fees. Buy it, and I'll PayPal you half the price. No lame excuses for not seeing them Mr. Brian.

I appreciate the offer. We'll see. I have a friend in Chicago that missed the boat too so he is checking around.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sick4Tunz » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:43 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:
Sick4Tunz wrote:

I appreciate the offer. We'll see. I have a friend in Chicago that missed the boat too so he is checking around.

I made a small donation to PayPal to thank you for your efforts on this site, what you do for us all and to get your ass to one of the shows. Go!
Sick4Tunz

Postby Mr. Brian » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:52 pm

Thanks man!
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby czechmahk » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:12 am

Went to the Boston gig last night and it was my first ever Echo show. Loved it!

The set list was very similar to Oxford's. They threw out My Kingdom and Rust, but added Villier's Terrace with a Roadhouse Blues interpolation (probably my favorite song of the night). They closed the set with Rescue and came back with Nothing Lasts Forever and Lips Like Sugar for the encore.

So from a set list perspective seemed standard. What may have been a unique experience is that Mac, for the life of him, could not remember the lyrics to Killing Moon. It was amazing. He stopped the song really early and I think complained about the fan in front of him not being on. Then they reset and he started singing the second verse, realized it quickly and stopped the song again. Now on their third try and after "Under blue moon I saw you" Mac froze and couldn't come up with the rest. He kept telling the audience to hush so he could try to get the lyrics right in his head...which did not happen.

Next he said they should just scrap it and play Nocturnal Me. Brought up how it was used in the Netflix show "Stranger Things" and that stranger things like vampires don't exist and we shouldn't believe in them. Seemed like he was just stalling now. After the vampire talk they just plowed forward and played The Cutter.

Later they did come back to Killing Moon. He still was having trouble with it but they did end up playing all of the way through. The whole ordeal was a riot.
czechmahk
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby industri » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:48 am

Have there been opening acts at the US shows show far?

Seeing them in Toronto tonight - but unsure if I need to be there at 'show start' 8:00 according to the ticket, or if showing up a little later will save me MUCH headache in avoiding terrible local acts...

(Thanks!)
industri

Postby crystal89 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:32 pm

[quote="industri"]Have there been opening acts at the US shows show far?

Not seeing them in the US, but th usual rules apply, turn up round 9pm, after fannying around it'll be around half past, all the weirdos who got there early will need to go to the bathroom, take a good place near the front. Wait for an eternity. You'll know when they're about to come on as whatever venue you're in the air con will suddenly go Arctic, wearing that coat is a bit hot for Mac these days.
crystal89

Postby Kounelaki » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:40 pm

industri wrote:Have there been opening acts at the US shows show far?

Seeing them in Toronto tonight - but unsure if I need to be there at 'show start' 8:00 according to the ticket, or if showing up a little later will save me MUCH headache in avoiding terrible local acts...

(Thanks!)

Are they playing the Phoenix? Try calling the venue and asking when the Bunnymen will be on stage. (416) 323-1251
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby industri » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:10 pm

Kounelaki wrote:Are they playing the Phoenix? Try calling the venue and asking when the Bunnymen will be on stage. (416) 323-1251

They are - and the promoter finally posted the details... so there is an opener and a DJ playing... this is going to be painful...
industri

Postby earthdog70 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:55 pm

I was at the Boston show. While waiting for the DJ to come on, I figured out that this would be my 9th time seeing them. That's if I count the 15 minute blow-up show in Baltimore at an outdoor festival and if I count 1 Reverberation era show too :biggrin:

So, I was up fairly close. Maybe this was discussed in another thread, but it was a brand-new bass player that night. He was literally reading off charts most of the night and I saw the 2nd guitarist mouthing chord changes to him. Ok then.

Set list was good but no surprises. I was probably one of the few there who would have liked to hear something from Meteorites or The Fountain but oh well. :cry:

"The Killing Moon" thing was pretty sad, but they recovered.

I actually dug the DJ. Hard to do in a HOB setting, but he did play some cool stuff. One band called In Letter Form that he played was excellent. Unfortunately their singer/guitarist passed away recently. :cry: Still worth seeking out their record.

That's all I got-Will was top notch per usual :mrgreen:
"Words are alright as words but never let them get in the way."-Charles Bukowski
earthdog70

Postby snowbunny » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:54 pm

I'm going to the show at First Avenue tonight - I wonder if Killing Moon will get pulled from the setlist :eek:

There is an announced opening act, Ester Drang (band from Oklahoma)

Mr. Brian, did you end up with tickets for tomorrow?
D'ya wanna know what's wrong with the world?
Everywhere there's people with no flowers in their hair...
snowbunny

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:30 pm

snowbunny wrote:Mr. Brian, did you end up with tickets for tomorrow?

No and I'm running a 5k race instead. I'm happy with that. Maybe I'll add a Bunnymen song to my running playlist.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen