will Sergeant Biography part two out in August

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

will Sergeant Biography part two out in August

Postby King Of Kings » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:51 am

King Of Kings

Re: will Sergeant Biography part two out in August

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:11 am

Blooming Nora he's knocking em out isn't he.....
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby King Of Kings » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:35 am

Get it signed

30th August Rough Trade East London

£25 book pluss entry

Capacity 300
King Of Kings

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:53 pm

King Of Kings wrote:Get it signed

30th August Rough Trade East London

£25 book pluss entry

Capacity 300

Bought a ticket for the BME in Liverpool next month. The talk he gave there for the first book last year was very enjoyable.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby tapebias » Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:38 pm

I hope it's better printed than the last one. I am on copy no.3. First 2 had spelling mistakes on nearly every page. Thanks Watttterspooons.
tapebias
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby fat cherry » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:03 am

mine was OK. John Robbs one on the Stone Roses (updated version) on the other hand could have done with a bit of hefty editing for readability. :-)
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:15 am

Just got my copy from my local Waterstones, Will tray and save it for the holiday next month
TenNewPence

Postby fat cherry » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:26 am

are you mad????????? Wait?????? Mines on its way apparently, from some online shop thats apparently an alternative to filling jeff bezos's pockets with even more cash. How cool am I? will be read asap
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:18 am

Off to Liverpool to listen to Will's chat about the book tonight. There'll be copies for sale there hopefully. Really enjoyed the last one.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:06 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:Off to Liverpool to listen to Will's chat about the book tonight. There'll be copies for sale there hopefully. Really enjoyed the last one.

And!!!!!!!!!!

Three or four chapters in and enjoying it. Only one diversion into weirdo childhood memory that's, well, a bit of a diversion. Couple of things that might be interpreted as a dig to the current status of affairs.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:15 pm

fat cherry wrote:
Voodoo Billy wrote:Off to Liverpool to listen to Will's chat about the book tonight. There'll be copies for sale there hopefully. Really enjoyed the last one.

And!!!!!!!!!!

Three or four chapters in and enjoying it. Only one diversion into weirdo childhood memory that's, well, a bit of a diversion. Couple of things that might be interpreted as a dig to the current status of affairs.

A good evening was had FC. He's very entertaining with his stories, even signed my book to 'Voodoo Billy'! He's a fine man is the Sarge, no nonsense, no bullshit. Looking forward to reading the book (hopefully starting tomorrow evening after we've managed to get something off of Wolves at Goodison tomorrow. And, by the way, this Honey Jack Daniels is a fine tipple (obviously with some Peroni to wash it down :wink:) Nighty night kids.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:54 pm

Seeing him on Wednesday at Rough Trade East with Bill Drummond. Looking forward to it.
The Monro

Postby TenNewPence » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:05 am

fat cherry wrote:are you mad????????? Wait?????? Mines on its way apparently, from some online shop thats apparently an alternative to filling jeff bezos's pockets with even more cash. How cool am I? will be read asap

OK just checked with my therapist and they said I am allowed a couple of chapters before the hols. Sadly I will never be as cool as Mr FC
TenNewPence

Postby TenNewPence » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:06 am

fat cherry wrote:are you mad????????? Wait?????? Mines on its way apparently, from some online shop thats apparently an alternative to filling jeff bezos's pockets with even more cash. How cool am I? will be read asap

OK just checked with my therapist and they said I am allowed a couple of chapters before the hols. Sadly I will never be as cool as Mr FC
TenNewPence

Postby crystal89 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:16 am

Ok, so I’ve listened to the audiobook. Will is a fantastic narrator, and the stories gain more, I feel, from hearing the author speak them.
I won’t spoil the best bits, they’re different for each person.
crystal89

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen