New Glide on the horizon

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

New Glide on the horizon

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:16 pm

Ordered the new Aviator album the other day and whilst perusing the AV8records site I spotted this beauty:

http://www.av8records.co.uk/releases/gl ... ur-av8-15/

Also bought a couple of releases on Polytechnic Youth / Feral Child recently and a split 7" with the Sarge / Paul Simpson coming sometime as well.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: New Glide on the horizon

Postby fat cherry » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:04 pm

wooo, cool. There was some interview a while back where he said he had more, but couldnt be arsed putting it out. Now know that was just a bit of gallagherian hubris. crackin
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:13 pm

fat cherry wrote:wooo, cool. There was some interview a while back where he said he had more, but couldnt be arsed putting it out. Now know that was just a bit of gallagherian hubris. crackin

I probably listen more to Will's stuff than I do the Bunnymen these days. Really looking forwards to this one.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:08 pm

Release date is 3rd of February - pre-orders live on the 20th of January.
The Monro

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:13 am

The Monro wrote:Release date is 3rd of February - pre-orders live on the 20th of January.

Thank you for the heads up mate! Worth keeping an eye out for this as the AV8 stuff can sell out pretty quickly. Nice to have something of quality to look forwards to from the Bunnymen camp.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:46 am

Just a heads up that the pre-sale for Will's second Assemblage album goes live on 20.01.23 at 6pm at www.av8records.co.uk

Vinyl / CD / Signed prints. Yum Yum Yum

Maybe best leave it 'till 6.05pm to order ( so I can get in for one first :wink: :lol: )

Sounds like a goodun!
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:47 am

Isn't Pete Wilkinson a long time will/bunnies collaborator? Can't think what he's played on. Early 2000s stuff.? Can't be arsed looking.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:38 pm

Yes, I have a recollection of seeing him playing with the Buns at the Ritz in Manchester must have been around the time of Flowers. Magic Alex band were supporting if my memory serves me well Oh and Will did a DJ set
TenNewPence

Postby The Monro » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:21 pm

Played bass on Siberia and Slideling.
The Monro

Postby The Monro » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:35 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:Just a heads up that the pre-sale for Will's second Assemblage album goes live on 20.01.23 at 6pm at http://www.av8records.co.uk

Vinyl / CD / Signed prints. Yum Yum Yum

Maybe best leave it 'till 6.05pm to order ( so I can get in for one first :wink: :lol: )

Sounds like a goodun!

Managed to order the LP and prints after a bit of a nightmare with the site crashing. Nearly missed out on the prints as they weren’t visible when the LP and CD ordering went live so had to risk emptying my basket and starting from scratch in order to add them.
The Monro

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:53 am

It seems there are decent amounts left but they appear to be selling well. Good old Sarge, looking forward to hear this one.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:41 am

It's fab.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:57 pm

LP and signed print have now arrived.
The Monro

Postby fat cherry » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:40 am

still waiting.......
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:40 am

Was just about to send off a strongly worded missive when postie knocked at the door. Listening now. Sounds great. When 1&2 came out wasn't it Dr Cheese who likened it to Tangerine Dream? Still alot of that going on I'm pleased to report.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen