Is Mac OK?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Is Mac OK?

Postby all_my_colours3 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:22 pm

allthatjazz wrote:Nah...Not buying the vaccine excuse. If you don't have a Covid vaccine you go and get one. It's not like applying for a passport where there's some wait involved.

There are quite a few non-vaxxer musicians in that age group. Where have you been? Did you not know they cancelled their European shows due to covid restrictions? Vaccine mandate countries. Other bands were going over with no problems. That was all talked about before on here. No one cancels headlining a festival for a footie match and they had two years to get a visa. I don’t do the traveling thing like you so I’m never really out anything should they cancel.
all_my_colours3

Postby allthatjazz » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:46 pm

all_my_colours3 wrote:
allthatjazz wrote:Nah...Not buying the vaccine excuse. If you don't have a Covid vaccine you go and get one. It's not like applying for a passport where there's some wait involved.

There are quite a few non-vaxxer musicians in that age group. Where have you been? Did you not know they cancelled their European shows due to covid restrictions? Vaccine mandate countries. Other bands were going over with no problems. That was all talked about before on here. No one cancels headlining a festival for a footie match and they had two years to get a visa. I don’t do the traveling thing like you so I’m never really out anything should they cancel.

If that's the case, we won't see them this fall either. Nothing has changed on that front. Currently: If you are a non-U.S. citizen who is a nonimmigrant (not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or traveling to the United States on an immigrant visa), you will need to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you travel by air to the United States from a foreign country.
allthatjazz

Postby all_my_colours3 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:23 am

allthatjazz wrote:
If that's the case, we won't see them this fall either. Nothing has changed on that front. Currently: If you are a non-U.S. citizen who is a nonimmigrant (not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or traveling to the United States on an immigrant visa), you will need to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you travel by air to the United States from a foreign country.

Thought they cancelled 4-5 days before the Cruel World festival. Can’t remember when the UK and other US cancellations were. It went on a few times. Might be better to wait until closer to the time to buy anything if you’re traveling far.
all_my_colours3

Postby fat cherry » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:08 am

oceanbrain wrote:Fellow scouser & 80yrs young Mr McCartney is currently on tour is doing 37 song set.....just saying.......whether u like his output or not that takes some doing yeah?????

Watched his Glastonbury set last night and was v good. Grohl and brucie couldn't believe they're luck. Bruce even got to sing one of his own songs.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:36 am

fat cherry wrote:
oceanbrain wrote:Fellow scouser & 80yrs young Mr McCartney is currently on tour is doing 37 song set.....just saying.......whether u like his output or not that takes some doing yeah?????

Watched his Glastonbury set last night and was v good. Grohl and brucie couldn't believe they're luck. Bruce even got to sing one of his own songs.

For a moment I thought Bruce Forsyth
TenNewPence

Postby fat cherry » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:13 pm

On the other hand, just remembered, it was late, but..... half of the pet shop boys doing karaoke was pants.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:10 pm

Other than his legs looking like spaghetti noodles I think this is the best Mac has looked in years. Even his hairline looks like it’s been fortified. I saw a fan pic recently and other than twigs for legs he looked fantastic. My only fear is his vices effects may be finally catching up to him. I remember that article well and it made me sad for weeks. I keep screen shots on my phone to make sure I never get too happy.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby crystal daze » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:14 pm

https://www.facebook.com/themissionuk/p ... 217297767/

He looks quite well in this pic. (It's been a while, I've forgotten how to post pics directly to here).

Hi B.F.
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:50 pm

Bono looks a bit rough though.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal daze » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:43 pm

:lol:
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Postby bunnygod1 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:56 am

They were due to play the Sign of the times festival tonight, pulled out yesterday quoting health issues. No other info on bunny twitter feed, 2nd year in a row they have pulled out.
bunnygod1

Postby all_my_colours3 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:56 am

crystal daze wrote:https://www.facebook.com/themissionuk/photos/pcb.10160015223582767/10160015217297767/

He looks quite well in this pic. (It's been a while, I've forgotten how to post pics directly to here).

Hi B.F.

He looks well aside from not having any arms or legs. :rolleyes: All skin and bones.
all_my_colours3

Postby all_my_colours3 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:04 am

bunnygod1 wrote:They were due to play the Sign of the times festival tonight, pulled out yesterday quoting health issues. No other info on bunny twitter feed, 2nd year in a row they have pulled out.

In the comments on the Bunnymen FB page, it says “COVID hit the band”.
all_my_colours3

Postby allthatjazz » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:08 pm

all_my_colours3 wrote:
bunnygod1 wrote:They were due to play the Sign of the times festival tonight, pulled out yesterday quoting health issues. No other info on bunny twitter feed, 2nd year in a row they have pulled out.

In the comments on the Bunnymen FB page, it says “COVID hit the band”.

I've heard from someone who still held a tix to one of the European tour dates. Who was just told the show is now cancelled. So, that Northern European tour which may have had about 17 dates is cancelled with no official word from the Bunnymen. Fans are learning the news from the venues....They just added Montreal and Pittsburgh to the U.S./Canada tour this fall....Go figure.
allthatjazz

Postby Dave Smith » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:17 am

Yep. My Stockholm "home gig" got cancelled yesterday so I expect the rest to have been ditched as well.

No news from the band- just the venue explaining it was to be re-arranged but now officially cancelled.

Christ Pete Doherty is more reliable than the Bunnymen these days.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen