CH4 The Tube

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

CH4 The Tube

Postby Aigburth Drive » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:25 am

Got this from the Head Heritage website:

"Some good soul (possibly with links to the old Tyne Tees TV station) is in the process of uploading every episode (around 100 in total, I think) of The Tube: https://www.youtube.com/user/davisxl1/videos They appear to be from the studio master tapes, too."

The Bunnymen appeared a few times and there's an interview + video of Mac promoting the September Song solo release. S03E10 about ten minutes in.

Peter Cook taking the piss out of Bring on the dancing horses is good too.
Aigburth Drive
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Re: CH4 The Tube

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:31 am

Thanks AD, I look forwards to having a look through those. There was some great stuff on The Tube back in the day and some Bunnymen gems in there as well. I've still got some old VHSs somewhere with that September Song piece, the Crystal Day one with Jools Holland, and the magnificent Sex Gods performing Balcony Dog.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:52 am

Wasn't Patsy Kensit beautiful? (still is by the way :redface: )
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:36 am

Oo cool. Standard watching 'back in the day'. If I was home for the weekend my mam would tape it for me. Train, The Tube, tea with my ma, down to The Blooming Rose with my mates. Sorted. Who was the Scottish woman who took the piss out of 'ziggy ziggy sputnik'?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:37 am

Muriel Gray!
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:47 am

Dave Smith wrote:Muriel Gray!

Yes indeed, watched the first show yesterday and found Muriel Gray fanciable. I'm getting old.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:23 am

Thanks Dave, I can rest easy. In the 90s she turned up on the ultra serious bbc2 artsy review shows. Bit of a foodie these days, as is the lovely grace dent. All getting a bit blokes now isn't it? I remember geldofs missus introducing the proclaimers saying something like it was the most bizarre thing she'd seen. And she was married to geldof!!!! Martin Stephenson & his dauntless were another good find. And wasn't it on the tube mac had a rant about scallies who'd robbed his house?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:02 pm

I can see myself catching up on some of the bands I never listened to back in the day watching these. I'd forgotten how good Altered Images were and there was a band called 'Strange Days' with a song called 'Scream in Vain' which I really liked. I was right about Yazoo first time round though, still next level boring 40 years on.
Anyone know when the Bunnymen made their first appearance? I remember them on it during the Ocean Rain era but was there anything earlier?
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:17 pm

fat cherry wrote:Martin Stephenson & his dauntless

Daintees. Note to self, stop doing this on my phone.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:21 am

fat cherry wrote:
fat cherry wrote:Martin Stephenson & his dauntless

Daintees. Note to self, stop doing this on my phone.

I thought you were being humorous! :lol:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby The Monro » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:32 am

fat cherry wrote:And wasn't it on the tube mac had a rant about scallies who'd robbed his house?

During Thorn Of Crowns, about 12:45 into this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zobNTeQvjds

In the intro the presenter says that this was their first appearance.
The Monro

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen