Bunnymen night

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Bunnymen night

Postby fat cherry » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:51 pm

Been to a couple of Smiths nights and they're more fun than you'd imagine - but look at this - right on my doorstep.

https://www.settlevictoriahall.org.uk/eventsandshows/crimsonnight040519

I'm in, anyone else fancy a whole night of grooves, raincoatswise? Free to go though asking for donations toward the theatre, and there's a bar - what more could you ask for (answers on a postcard). And its you know, almost 40 years of anniversaries. Brill.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Bunnymen night

Postby MightyWhyte » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:11 pm

fat cherry wrote:Been to a couple of Smiths nights and they're more fun than you'd imagine - but look at this - right on my doorstep.

I'm in, anyone else fancy a whole night of grooves, raincoatswise? Free to go though asking for donations toward the theatre, and there's a bar - what more could you ask for (answers on a postcard). And its you know, almost 40 years of anniversaries. Brill.

Yep me n the missus will be there cheers FC :cool: :cool: :cool:
BunnyGod Pin needed :sad:
MightyWhyte

Postby fat cherry » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:36 pm

Crackin, that's four of us then!!! Brill. GOing to be rocking.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:54 am

:lol: Enjoy!
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby MightyWhyte » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:54 pm

fat cherry wrote:Crackin, that's four of us then!!! Brill. GOing to be rocking.

Well technically five although only eight my little girl has been brainwashed enough to enjoy the night too and is in double figures in gigs attended, yes we've always had childcare problems but hey ho :lol: :lol: :lol:
MightyWhyte

Postby fat cherry » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:30 pm

Well its a child friendly place. Got a few locals interested and the town gets loads of bikers on weekends so they'll all come, naturally :biggrin: .
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:49 am

Mmmmmm quite fancy that. Where else can a bunch of fiftysomethings dance to 'Broke My Neck' in public? :lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:24 am

nowhere without people pointing and laughing - plus its the yorkshire dales, country walks and all that, real ale, motor bikes and the likelyhood of rain onthe weekend.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:23 pm

fat cherry wrote:nowhere without people pointing and laughing - plus its the yorkshire dales, country walks and all that, real ale, motor bikes and the likelyhood of rain onthe weekend.

And Nora Batty's wrinkled stockings :redface:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby MightyWhyte » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:53 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:
fat cherry wrote:nowhere without people pointing and laughing - plus its the yorkshire dales, country walks and all that, real ale, motor bikes and the likelyhood of rain onthe weekend.

And Nora Batty's wrinkled stockings :redface:

60 Miles away :lol: However tedious link Betty did front row at Holmfirth recently :cool: :cool:
MightyWhyte

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Used to go to Denby Dale in the summer holidays as a kid as my cousins used to live there. From what I remember there used to be a huge bath-like thing on the side of a building which the used to cook the world's largest pie?
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby MightyWhyte » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:51 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:Used to go to Denby Dale in the summer holidays as a kid as my cousins used to live there. From what I remember there used to be a huge bath-like thing on the side of a building which the used to cook the world's largest pie?

Just for you mate and I still need your pin :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

http://www.denbydalepiehall.co.uk/pie-history/
MightyWhyte

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:26 pm

MightyWhyte wrote:
Voodoo Billy wrote:Used to go to Denby Dale in the summer holidays as a kid as my cousins used to live there. From what I remember there used to be a huge bath-like thing on the side of a building which the used to cook the world's largest pie?

Bunnygod pins are a bit like recent Bunnymen albums you know, the anticipation beforehand is a highly superior experience to actually owning the thing, so I'm actually doing you a favour holding on to mine, not because it brings me any particuar pleasure but because it prolongs your actual enjoyment. :wink:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby MightyWhyte » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:48 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:
MightyWhyte wrote:

Bunnygod pins are a bit like recent Bunnymen albums you know, the anticipation beforehand is a highly superior experience to actually owning the thing, so I'm actually doing you a favour holding on to mine, not because it brings me any particuar pleasure but because it prolongs your actual enjoyment. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Tis true though wanting is always better than having I've had so many relationships, cars, boxsets and even wives that have all been discarded, however the pin isn't for me....no, it's for my little girl who has asked Santa, the tooth fairy and now she pleads with VB :frown: . The counselling she is receiving is helping but it's the night terrors that really screw me up, but as long as you can sleep soundly :razz: :razz:
MightyWhyte

Postby Dr Cheese » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:22 pm

fat cherry wrote:Been to a couple of Smiths nights and they're more fun than you'd imagine - but look at this - right on my doorstep.

Just go up to your bedroom and put some records on. :confused:
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen