Ian interview from oct 18

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Ian interview from oct 18

Postby crystal daze » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:51 pm

I don't think this one's been posted yet.

https://www.walesartsreview.org/intervi ... mcculloch/
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Re: Ian interview from oct 18

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:48 pm

Think I'll wait for FC's concise version.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:01 am

Flattered as I am, I must be losing it because I couldn't be arsed reading it. Just read Roger Daltrey's autobiography though, and half way through Kenney Jones's - I could do them for yu if you like?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:28 am

fat cherry wrote:Flattered as I am, I must be losing it because I couldn't be arsed reading it.

Me neither. :neutral:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:32 am

I got all the way to "But the Royal Albert Hall – since Sinatra died, that’s my gaff!" and just couldn't be arsed.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:58 pm

Sounds like the usual self-aggrandising bollocks.
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:54 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:self-aggrandising bollocks.

I bet they don't work, we've got a self-cleaning oven, does it fuck, I can still smell remnants of last Christmas' turkey when I put my chicken burgers in. :lol: :lol:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal daze » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:06 pm

:lol:
There's times when I've been deeply indifferent
crystal daze

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:47 pm

:lol: :lol:
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:41 pm

fat cherry wrote:Flattered as I am, I must be losing it because I couldn't be arsed reading it. Just read Roger Daltrey's autobiography though, and half way through Kenney Jones's - I could do them for yu if you like?

Does Daltrey come off like an asshole like Townsend does in his? I couldn't even finish that one because I already had issues with that pedo allegation stuff from years ago and I didn't want to dislike him even more because I really love The Who. It seems Daltrey's been a curmudgeon lately in interviews too. Oh well, what's the saying...hate the sin, love the sinner?
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:32 am

Not at all, bits of it even made me laugh out loud. The story of how he wrote it is quite interesting (really??) - worked with a ghost writer and then when he read the result decided it didn't sound like him so he wrote it again himself - and it comes across as cheeky london boy made good (as the title suggests). Quite light of touch and I read it in just over a day - but then it was christmas and didn't have much else to do but sit and drink and avoid the madness - but there's a few insights you wouldn't get anywhere else - such as how he has effectively taken over as the who's live manager/director as it were (all stemming from townshends inability to function during and after the internet incident). Also moon-based anecdotes kept to a minimum. My mate lent me Kenney Jones's book and that's very similar - london boy etc and his version of how he was treated byt the who pretty much matches Daltrey's version (no love lost there) but with extra financial info. Also, didn't know for instance that The Small Faces had a another go at it in the mid-70s. Also insights (which I guess we generally know about these days) of the way bands were stiffed on contracts - I was reminded of J Marr's book - who says he admired the mavericks of the 60s, naming Andrew Loog Oldham (signed the small faces to his label), who in the name of artistic freedom did exactly he same contract-wise, released singles etc without them knowing etc. Contracts eh Jonny?
Woops, sorry VB, there I go. Eh speaking of which, just looking at the Chris Adams turquoise days book and some of the pictures are credited to a voodoo billy'????? hmmmm?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:05 am

fat cherry wrote:Woops, sorry VB, there I go. Eh speaking of which, just looking at the Chris Adams turquoise days book and some of the pictures are credited to a voodoo billy'????? hmmmm?

Still got that Chris Adams book somewhere, "The Cut and Paste Chronicles", in the good old days when cut and paste meant scissors and Pritt stick. :lol:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen