Butlands Bunnys

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Butlands Bunnys

Postby King Of Kings » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:02 pm

Who went and was it any good?
King Of Kings

Re: Butlands Bunnys

Postby billythekid » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:40 pm

It was good but not like the show John Robb describes in his review imo. Same old setlist, band tight as you’d expect the number of times they’ve played these songs, but he wasn’t hearing the same vocals as I was!
billythekid

Postby billythekid » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:13 am

Just to add, imo Art Brut stole the weekend, hadn’t seen them before but would definitely go to see them, and Lorelle Meets the Obsolete again. Numan was Numan, always professional and delivers, changes his set too! Must look up what Robb wrote about them because all three were far better than the Bunnymen, that said boredom has definitely set in watching them now, really only went to this because my other half wanted to see Numan.
billythekid

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:44 am

when I went to a similar weekend about three years ago - Buns friday, J Marr sat and spiritualized on the sunday (which I missed since had to go home early, so bad one there) the band of the weekend was some lot I'd never even heard of, who were a bit odd, looked a bit funny, and a bit crappy at first but by the end of the set I was in love. And as such I got even more pissed and then forgot who they were. I'll take a look......... Sorry - doing my tax, as is traditional, at the last minute, and stillprocrastinating - hence the pointless addition to this thread.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:51 am

got it - band of holy joy, just looked at a few videos, prhaps I was pissed at the start too. Might take another listen though, .... oo, tax
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:26 pm

fat cherry wrote:......... Sorry - doing my tax, and still procrastinating

You'll get blisters you know, and you'll go deaf (apparently). :wink:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby allthatjazz » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:18 pm

"really only went to this because my other half wanted to see Numan."

Numan headlined Saturday night....Bunnymen headlined Sunday...Were they forcing people to stay overnight?
allthatjazz

Postby billythekid » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:56 am

allthatjazz wrote:"really only went to this because my other half wanted to see Numan."

Numan headlined Saturday night....Bunnymen headlined Sunday...Were they forcing people to stay overnight?

Hilarious! No they didn’t lock you in but it was a weekend event. I think you know exactly what was meant by that comment, but just in case, my partner wanting to see Gary Numan was the reason we went, okay?? Really glad she did too because some of the other bands were a refreshing change from the same old, same old you get from the Bunnymen.
billythekid

Postby allthatjazz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:49 am

"Hilarious! No they didn’t lock you in but it was a weekend event. I think you know exactly what was meant by that comment, but just in case, my partner wanting to see Gary Numan was the reason we went, okay?? Really glad she did too because some of the other bands were a refreshing change from the same old, same old you get from the Bunnymen."

I don't waste money nor time on bands I don't enjoy. Also, I don't seek out a bands' fan site to REPEATEDLY state how bored or otherwise dissatisfied I am with a band. Not to say constructive criticism isn't welcome or appreciated but man, talk about a tiresome tune...Move on. Go and seek out those bands you allegedly discovered this weekend. They might bring you some joy.
allthatjazz

Postby fat cherry » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 am

I enjoy a lively debate :biggrin:
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby allthatjazz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:14 am

To borrow a lyric..."Your repetition's just repeating on me" or "I'm understanding and I'm standing under awe" Check it out...
allthatjazz

Postby billythekid » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:25 am

fat cherry wrote:I enjoy a lively debate :biggrin:

Can debate with herself, has enough to say for two! If wasn’t so blinded would’ve read that I actually said they were good and better than the last time I saw them, problem being I dared to disagree with Robb about the vocals and of course the setlist, which we know appears to be set in stone! But hey ho, seems there’s a bee in the bonnet about one of my previous posts that struck a nerve.
billythekid

Postby allthatjazz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:35 am

OTT negativity is as annoying as OTT positivity...Which previous post? The one where you disparage the Bunnymen? Or, the one where you criticize their setlist?
allthatjazz

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen