E&TB Ltd-2018 accounts

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: E&TB Ltd-2018 accounts

Postby King Of Kings » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:59 am

well they played (Headline) at small festival called "Gig in the Park" in Halesworth about 10 years ago mind (2007)

My mate helped organise it.

They got paid £1800 for the appearance

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/echo-and ... 6bdaf.html

but at the end of the day I really don't give a dam
King Of Kings

Postby allthatjazz » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:22 am

Can anyone trust what accountants put on the books these days? And more to the point, as Babette says at the end of one of my favorite flicks, Babette's Feast, 'An artist is never poor.'
allthatjazz

Postby billythekid » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:42 am

Why would the accountant have Mac owing, and Will owed so much? Why do that to the books? Also, all the touring, can’t imagine that’s all for fun? By his own admission Mac is lazy, and the same old setlist supports that and a lack of interest, otherwise surely they would change at least a few songs?? From what I’ve read in interviews he lives in a rented house, unusual if you can buy here in the UK.

As I said in another post, according to some he could always earn a crust in fashion! Somehow don’t think he’ll be seen in Vogue anytime soon :eek:
billythekid

Postby fat cherry » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Smiffy, being the accountant will have a better answer, but in my experience the whole thing is about minimising tax liability, within the law, natch. So its a balancing act between company tax and personal tax, and its possible to hold things back or roll forward between years, my accountant used to go on about paper payments and I used to start snoozing and then she'd give me a form to fill in that said if it got to the prosecution stage they were just doing what I told them. But I think there;s possibly totally legit manouverings over and above the obvious implication of who owes or is wed what. One year's tax return is just a snapshot. Over to you Smiff - you need to up your stalking a bit more, or have you done that already?
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:22 am

Ok so the strategy is minimum wage and max dividends.in the short term Mac owes but last year he drew out less than his share of dividends so repaid a healthy sum.so by 2019 he should be clear.on top of live work he will also get his royalties in his own name so hes doing ok.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby billythekid » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:32 am

Dave Smith wrote:Ok so the strategy is minimum wage and max dividends.in the short term Mac owes but last year he drew out less than his share of dividends so repaid a healthy sum.so by 2019 he should be clear.on top of live work he will also get his royalties in his own name so hes doing ok.

So is Will owed money or is that just the books/he hasn’t taken his dividends?
billythekid

Postby dodojojo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Dave Smith wrote: by 2019 he should be clear.on top of live work he will also get his royalties in his own name so hes doing ok.

But what of an earlier post that says Mac sold his rights to his songs for 30K? That's royalties right?
dodojojo

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen