Autumn Leg of Tour

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Autumn Leg of Tour

Postby Dave Smith » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:28 am

My trip to Warwick tonight fucked by Ryanair.6am flight from Stockholm skavsta which is actually hour and a half from Stockholm.3am rise and no fucking plane...asked services and i quote"it had to reverse".6 hour estimated delay meant no chance for me .So trying to get my ex wife to collect my vip pack as she is going with her new husband.Its a life as they say.
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Happy Death Man » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:27 am

I'm travelling to Mexico City to watch the bunnymen in December.
Happy Death Man

Postby MarkGorst » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:24 am

York last night was cracking. Same ol' set list - but transformed from Gateshead, which was patchy, but tweeked from the start of the summer leg. Sound quality was spot on. Welcome back into the mix Will. Seated venue was a bit restricted, almost capacity. Everyone on their feet well before the end.

Plenty left in the tank.

I'm happy. I danced.
MarkGorst
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Kounelaki » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:03 pm

Is there a support act on this tour?
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:06 pm

Kounelaki wrote:Is there a support act on this tour?

Some bloke with a guitar
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:22 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:

Some bloke with a guitar

:lol: Thanks, will give it a miss.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Kounelaki wrote:
Voodoo Billy wrote:

Some bloke with a guitar

:lol: Thanks, will give it a miss.

I got there in time to see him walk off. :wink:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:14 am

Pretty good gig in Paris last night. Mac was quite chipper, thanking us for coming twice. He was too chatty for some, who asked him to shut up. Think one heckler said he was old. Er, glass houses. Someone interrupted one of his spiels: "You wouldn't interrupt Einstein, would you?" Think he mentioned Everton again, VB. Sound problems with some of Will's guitars, which sounded screechy. The beginning of Ocean Rain sounded weird. Was it one of the rejigged songs? It was the first time I'd been back in the Bataclan since the terrorist attack. The last time the Bunnymen played there was on the Crocs/HUH tour and there was no seating then.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:21 am

Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:43 am

Review of the Paris show
https://www.soundofviolence.net/article ... aclan.html

Positive review which ends: "Un seul petit bémol malgré cette soirée splendide : Echo & The Bunnymen jouent depuis un moment exactement la même setlist d'un concert et d'une année à l'autre. Un magnifique show mais, mis à part Ocean Rain, en tout point identique à ceux donnés l'an dernier."

"The only downside to this splendid evening: for a while Echo and the Bunnymen have been playing exactly the same setlist from one concert and one year to another. A magnificent show but, "Ocean Rain" apart, completely identical to the gigs performed last year."
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby billythekid » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:54 am

Kounelaki wrote:Review of the Paris show
https://www.soundofviolence.net/article ... aclan.html

Positive review which ends: "Un seul petit bémol malgré cette soirée splendide : Echo & The Bunnymen jouent depuis un moment exactement la même setlist d'un concert et d'une année à l'autre. Un magnifique show mais, mis à part Ocean Rain, en tout point identique à ceux donnés l'an dernier."

"The only downside to this splendid evening: for a while Echo and the Bunnymen have been playing exactly the same setlist from one concert and one year to another. A magnificent show but, "Ocean Rain" apart, completely identical to the gigs performed last year."

Their sets are steadily getting shorter too. Used to be around an hour 45 including encores and about 19 songs, now more like 16 or 17 (if you get OR) and an hour 20 - 30. As for Walk on the Wild Side in NLF, it’s just boring, had dropped it from the shows they did with strings, but seems to be back again now. There’s got to be a reason, surely they get bored??, that or Mac can’t manage the vocals, can’t be arsed, or both! The recent gig in Reading did it for me, won’t be in a hurry to go again, yes they can put on a great show but that was a shocker.
billythekid

Postby Kounelaki » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:48 am

I prefer Walk on the Wild Side to NLF! At least he varies the name of the coach.
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby billythekid » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:52 am

Kounelaki wrote:I prefer Walk on the Wild Side to NLF! At least he varies the name of the coach.

As a song couldn’t agree more but I’m not a fan of NLF either and it just drags it on, and on!
billythekid

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:56 am

billythekid wrote:
Kounelaki wrote:I prefer Walk on the Wild Side to NLF! At least he varies the name of the coach.

As a song couldn’t agree more but I’m not a fan of NLF either and it just drags it on, and on!

And it's bloody clear when he does it the 300th time that it isn't exactly improvised. :lol:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Kounelaki » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Come to think of it, he should have sung "Didier Deschamps is the coach" in Paris this year. :wink:
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen