Autumn Leg of Tour

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Autumn Leg of Tour

Postby MightyWhyte » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:55 pm

Just got in from Warrington and no strings n things or piano so Absolutely fucking spot on gig cheers Mac me n wife had a brilliant anniversary :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
BunnyGod Pin needed :sad:
MightyWhyte

Re: Autumn Leg of Tour

Postby fat cherry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:46 pm

The Times not a fan

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pop- ... -z5mprkxpb

Have to register to read it all but - a couple of choice bon mots

The Times wrote:confusingly, they appear to have reverted to a conventional guitar-rock sextet for their accompanying promotional tour, ditching the adventurous string quartet and grand piano ensemble they performed with in May. There were baffled and disappointed fans at this Cardiff show, myself included

The Times wrote:On rare occasions the 59-year-old singer still lives up to the Bowie-sized messianic fantasy that plays on permanent loop in his head. On other nights he falls far short of his comically inflated self-image, which is entertaining for different reasons.
This was one of those nights.

The Times wrote:He berated one overly enthused audience member as a “twat”

Liked NLF and Rust though, and someting about being stuck in the indie rock gutter when they should be reaching for the stars.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:50 pm

Stephen Dalton it was - 90s NME journo. Not that he's wrong any many of his observations - he might well be on this board, haha.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby billythekid » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:31 am

fat cherry wrote:Stephen Dalton it was - 90s NME journo. Not that he's wrong any many of his observations - he might well be on this board, haha.

At the RAH in May Mac made a comment something along the lines of any Times journos can fuck off now cos of some review or other I think but couldn’t make out exactly what he said about that bit. My mate went to Reading said it was a really short gig, Mac was struggling with his voice and had to leave the stage at one point, no idea why.
billythekid

Postby fat cherry » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:31 am

that's not such a rare thing these days. As ye sow so shall ye reap, and all that. Didn't know I was a godly man did you?>
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby T » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:09 am

T
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby fat cherry » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:15 am

THat's more like it. Though I ope someone's going to criticise thatperson's inconsistent use of capitalisation. SOme of those people could almost have been me.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:40 pm

fat cherry wrote:THat's more like it. Though I ope someone's going to criticise thatperson's inconsistent use of capitalisation. SOme of those people could almost have been me.

Too right FC, all this inconsistent capitalisation is absolute bollocks, up the commies!!!

By the way, I went to that Cardiff show and it pissed on the April show at the Phil with a full bladder from a great height. For me, that was the most disappointing Bunnymen show I've been to but the Cardiff gig on Monday was great, and quite a relief to hear they hadn't messed too much with the songs. Just saying, obviously I know fuck all as I don't write for the Times. :lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:56 pm

Plenty of empty seats in Cardiff though, all over the place. By the way, went to Home Bargains this morning (needed some floor wipes as they're only £1 for two packets which is pretty cheap. I'd used all the ones we had left to clean dog shit off VB Jr Jr's football boots, mind you it was easier to get it off the boots than it was to get it off my jeans that time, but that's another story. What's the bloody use of dogs anyway, apart from shitting? The pavements around here are like dogshit central, which is surprising as every time I wave at someone I know taking one of the four-legged turd machines for a walk they always seem to wave a plastic bag of turd back at me :confused: , unless it's not their dog's turd of course :eek: ). Anyway, Home Bargains, just as I was placing the floor wipes on the counter, what came on in the background but Nothing Lasts Forever, the woman behind the counter then started an in-depth discussion concerning the merits or otherwise of the reimagined Bunnymen back catalogue with strings (not really, that bit's a lie), they did play NLF though. :lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby billythekid » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:
fat cherry wrote:THat's more like it. Though I ope someone's going to criticise thatperson's inconsistent use of capitalisation. SOme of those people could almost have been me.

Too right FC, all this inconsistent capitalisation is absolute bollocks, up the commies!!!

By the way, I went to that Cardiff show and it pissed on the April show at the Phil with a full bladder from a great height. For me, that was the most disappointing Bunnymen show I've been to but the Cardiff gig on Monday was great, and quite a relief to hear they hadn't messed too much with the songs. Just saying, obviously I know fuck all as I don't write for the Times. :lol:

I agree about the Liverpool show in May, also went to Brum and RAH, have to say the latter two were a different class which really shocked me as expected Liverpool would be the one but they tinkered a bit with the setlist which helped. Anyway seems the Times journo has got a grudge, mayb’s because he didn’t get an invite back to Chez Mac like the Mojo dude did! Think yourself lucky you weren’t at Reading, strings or not it wasn’t good, not a patch on Brum or RAH, seriously I’d say worse than the Philharmonic!
billythekid

Postby Dr Cheese » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Do people still follow the Bunnymen round the country? Is that still a thing? I can't even be arsed nipping into town to see them now :lol: .
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby King Of Kings » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:56 pm

Just London these days
King Of Kings

Postby billythekid » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:Do people still follow the Bunnymen round the country? Is that still a thing? I can't even be arsed nipping into town to see them now :lol: .

Not as rule I don’t, just Reading on this one. Only went to Brum in May because a mate of mine had a spare, the mate he was going with went to the Champions league final instead! After Reading doubt I’ll be in a rush to go again tbh.
billythekid

Postby fat cherry » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:30 am

I've said that more times than I ought, and hen a couple of years later I get the itch.....
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby jimmyh79 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:31 am

Northampton was a good night - good crowd and Mac on good form which was pleasing to see after those interviews ! No surprises with set but no complaints from anyone plus Ocean Rain to end :biggrin:
jimmyh79
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen