Bring on the Dancing Dancing horses

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Bring on the Dancing Dancing horses

Postby crystal89 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:13 am

Now this sounds a bit more like it, get on your Dad dancing shoes!

I actually like this one.
crystal89

Re: Bring on the Dancing Dancing horses

Postby username » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:56 am

bring on the butchered headless horses
Dave Smith's second account
username

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:29 pm

No. Just no.
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby JMB1982 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:25 pm

I am enjoying listening to these demos. Looking forward to hearing the final versions.
JMB1982
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby Dave Smith » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:53 am

When Will adds his guitar will sound mega...
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby crystal89 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:45 am

Out of interest if both versions of horses were put before you, and it was a brand new song, which one would you prefer?

The 1985 version is a bit overproduced, whilst the 2018 version is a little a bit more trippy.
crystal89

Postby dodojojo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:01 am

Bring on the Dancing Horses...

Let's not...

:lol: I'm indifferent to slightly supportive of the reworkings. Supportive in the artist's whimsy sense, but a year from now, I'm pretty sure no one is going to care much. The 1983 recording of The Cutter is definitive. Twenty years from now, when the Bunnymen are no more and if they are still being played--that's the version that will be played. So Ian can do his thing, I'm happy to support him and the Bunnymen at this stage, but the extended mix is the best version of BOTDH.

And I'm still miffed how his singing is any better. There's no debate about the voice, but how is this affected singing style any less pretentious than the 80's affected singing he's always moaning about?
dodojojo

Postby billythekid » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:15 am

dodojojo wrote:Bring on the Dancing Horses...

Let's not...

:lol: I'm indifferent to slightly supportive of the reworkings. Supportive in the artist's whimsy sense, but a year from now, I'm pretty sure no one is going to care much. The 1983 recording of The Cutter is definitive. Twenty years from now, when the Bunnymen are no more and if they are still being played--that's the version that will be played. So Ian can do his thing, I'm happy to support him and the Bunnymen at this stage, but the extended mix is the best version of BOTDH.

And I'm still miffed how his singing is any better. There's no debate about the voice, but how is this affected singing style any less pretentious than the 80's affected singing he's always moaning about?

Agree but it only seems better to him, from what I’ve read! As I said before baffles me if he is forever writing songs why keep re hashing old ones?? Has anyone heard the new Cutter? A bit off topic for this thread but does anyone find the Q interview kind of weird?
billythekid

Postby dodojojo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:17 am

They haven't released the new Cutter yet. I just used that song as an example because no matter what the reworking sounds like--I'm just about 99.9% sure it's not going to be better than the 1983 release. That version is classic and like I said, it will be the one that continues to be played. Same goes for TKM.

I've seen image uploads of the Q magazine but the resolution haven't been good enough to read. So I'm still hoping for a better upload. But odd interview by Ian McCulloch you say? As long as it's not the existential despair of the Mojo interview, it can't be all bad...
dodojojo

Postby billythekid » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:43 pm

dodojojo wrote:They haven't released the new Cutter yet. I just used that song as an example because no matter what the reworking sounds like--I'm just about 99.9% sure it's not going to be better than the 1983 release. That version is classic and like I said, it will be the one that continues to be played. Same goes for TKM.

I've seen image uploads of the Q magazine but the resolution haven't been good enough to read. So I'm still hoping for a better upload. But odd interview by Ian McCulloch you say? As long as it's not the existential despair of the Mojo interview, it can't be all bad...

I just found it a bit of an uncomfortable read, weird at times, at one point the interviewer says “Q wonders if there’s a doctor in the house” when Mac was suggesting titles for his unwritten book. There’s some of the stuff he regularly reels off and quotes like “I’ve got the best voice in the history of time. Better than Sinatra’s. He would agree”, and this “I’ve made loads of mistakes. Done shit things. But I’ve broken so many world records of greatness that it doesn’t matter” A typical Mac quote I suppose but what a strange way to think, if indeed he really does believe it of course.
billythekid

Postby Mr. Brian » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:20 pm

billythekid wrote:
There’s some of the stuff he regularly reels off and quotes like “I’ve got the best voice in the history of time. Better than Sinatra’s. He would agree”, and this “I’ve made loads of mistakes. Done shit things. But I’ve broken so many world records of greatness that it doesn’t matter” A typical Mac quote I suppose but what a strange way to think, if indeed he really does believe it of course.

Jeez, that sounds like a Donald Trump interview now that I think about it!
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:
billythekid wrote:
There’s some of the stuff he regularly reels off and quotes like “I’ve got the best voice in the history of time. Better than Sinatra’s. He would agree”, and this “I’ve made loads of mistakes. Done shit things. But I’ve broken so many world records of greatness that it doesn’t matter” A typical Mac quote I suppose but what a strange way to think, if indeed he really does believe it of course.

"Make the Bunnymen Great Again" baseball caps on the merch stall.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:20 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:
Mr. Brian wrote:
billythekid wrote:

"Make the Bunnymen Great Again" baseball caps on the merch stall.

Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Voodoo Billy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:25 pm

:lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby billythekid » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:04 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:
billythekid wrote:

You’re spot on! Was beginning to think it was only me who found it really weird. Hope, for his sake, it is just a quote to be clever (in his head) and not something he believes!
Saw the album is number 11 in the charts pop pickers! Would like to have known it’s true position if everyone had only bought one or two copies.
billythekid

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen