Youtube video of IM 89/90 solo tour ?

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Youtube video of IM 89/90 solo tour ?

Postby T » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:52 pm

I haven't got the credits in front of me but I'm thinking of 'Toad', 'Fear of the Known', 'Rocket ship' , 'Pots of Gold' etc....really lively, band efforts..such a shame no video of them live seems to be online...
T
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby dodojojo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:18 pm

The only extended video I've seen with the Prodigal Sons is here, go to 1hr:36min. Not a concert, I think it's an acoustic set for MTV's 120 Minutes show. I don't remember seeing this at the time but honestly, by Mysterio, I wasn't really tracking Ian/Bunnymen. The video is great for all the old footage but boy, is the quality dodgy. But kudos to the person who went through their VHS tapes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KD9SV9uurM
dodojojo

Postby dodojojo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:22 pm

And you know about the Black Session, right? Just in case, go here and there are 8 other videos. He's hilarious in some parts, incorrigible in others...typical Ian. It's almost weird to hear him talk and sing in that voice...it's like another person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beWvy-m-1uY&list=PLUK0Td_r010j4kpxELNn1pIJ6B2leRLGv
dodojojo

Postby T » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:30 am

Great..thank you.

I remember taping that P.Sons 120 minutes session back in the day and being haunted by 'History chimes' since. I only 'discovered' it last year, not knowing the title. (Seems there's two recorded versions of it?) I couldn't find the clip as it was buried in the link you sent. Cheers.

Ian was really on a roll then, writing wise and almost a shame some songs were 'thrown away' as B-Sides.

"Birdy' is magnificent (and it's not even on YT) ! despite the slushy Guthrie production.

Thanks again.

T
T
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen