Latest Mojo magazine

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Latest Mojo magazine

Postby dodojojo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:12 pm

username wrote:it's out on tuesday. i'm going to get a copy and i can try to scan it and put a link here, if people want?

No objection here...though it's probably better if I don't read it...
dodojojo

Postby Dave Smith » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Read it from a scan .terrible read .living in two rooms in a rented semi with a fold down bed .can't shop for himself .brandy for breakfast etc etc penniless. .very haunting ....so sad
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby dodojojo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Dave, that does sound very sad indeed. Why agree to this type of interview? Or is he and his management completely clueless? Were they blindsided? I have comments about the money situation, but I'll make them after I have actually read the article. IF I ever read it, I guess.
dodojojo

Postby Dave Smith » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:07 am

Look i don't know ....Peasy and friends deliver him food in blue bags ...he goes to the pub with the journo .Some old scousera start taking the piss "look who it is that guy from the cure. Look at the state of him now .remember in the 80s he was famous "
They get lost walking back to his house .He's convinced his house is becoming invested with flies and ants .in his bedroom he has a bed a TV a guitar an armchair .and a teddy bear his daughter gave him because she thinks he's lonely .it's fucking haunting ....sad so sad
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby allthatjazz » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:34 am

username wrote:it's out on tuesday. i'm going to get a copy and i can try to scan it and put a link here, if people want?

I would love to read it...Even though I know it's going to be heartbreaking...The way this latest album was handled was suspect...They got a scathing review in Bristol...Many said the line-up should have been reversed and that many people started to leave when the Bunnymen came on...What happened to his house in Woolton? This is tragic!
allthatjazz

Postby allthatjazz » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:48 am

It's also very telling management never shared the Mojo tweets promoting the article...My guess is Mac did this on his own...Possibly a cry for help? Who knows? But, management tends to retweet just about every mention of the band.
allthatjazz

Postby In The Margins » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:00 am

If someone could scan and post this, I'd appreciate it.

Don't feel sorry for a drunk and drug addict. If any of this is true, it's all of his own doing. Doesn't seem he's hit rock bottom. Would be the best thing for him.

He had the world on a string and now it's boo hoo, look at me. The only people who could take any joy out of this are all the people (fellow musicians mostly) he criticized and belittled over the years.

How the mighty have fallen. He needs to get sober and he needs to find God.
In The Margins
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby dodojojo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:37 pm

In The Margins wrote: he needs to find God.

Or Dog. Probably better off with the Dog.
dodojojo

Postby black francis » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:17 pm

With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby dodojojo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:02 pm

Thanks BF (and DS). Half the scans were a bit fuzzy on my laptop so I may have missed some things. There's so much to say but right now my snapshot is yes, there is the drinks and drugs, but at the base of it is mental illness. Did the music spring from it? Or in spite of it? Whatever the case, it seems to imprison him.
dodojojo

Postby bunnygirlxx » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:21 am

Thanks for posting. Don’t know if it’s because I’m reading on a small screen but is there a page missing? Only haven’t read about the pub and the comments made. Agree, it doesn’t sound good.
bunnygirlxx

Postby In The Margins » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:57 am

Thank you so much for posting the article, Dave and BF.

I don't think it's as "rough" as many of you think. I've read many of these types of articles about him over the past 30 years. This pile of fluff and pablum is an effort to introduce him to yet another generation. Notice how they stayed far clear of the cocaine abuse.

The few things I took away from it were he has no intention of getting his voice to sound like it did in the 80s (a true shame); he should hire an exterminator or at least buy some ant traps; according to google, he lives in an affluent section of Liverpool in his own house where he can drink, smoke and sleep late (who doesn't aspire to that?); he has his food delivered so no need for food shopping or cooking; he's certainly not disabled or mentally ill -- his mind is still very quick. As a side note, back in the day someone suggested he has OCD. He latched onto that and boasted about not ever being tested for it, but it would explain his peculiarities. Now it seems he has fully embraced the idea. Yet another excuse.

I reiterate. Do not feel sorry for him. He's done more and got more than any of us ever will. I do wonder how Will can stand him. Peasy is an enabler.
In The Margins
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:10 am

Well, not sure what to make of any of it when its from a journo who declares 'Will is a popular member of the band', like, er really?. Having said that I'm still worried that aliens have taken our grumpy old sarge and replaced him with some cheery ideal of a pop star.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby In The Margins » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:31 am

I'm puzzled by the last line about the author having to wait for Peasy to show up with the train tickets. Is that code for something? Or did the band pay for the interview? Shouldn't Mojo have paid for the transportation? Was the lodging and food paid for by the band as well? Isn't that a bit of conflict of interest? Adds to the idea of this being a fluff piece directed by what the band/Ian wants out there, rather than anything hard hitting.

Writers for years have discounted Will's role in the band. His ego must be so strong that he doesn't need the stroking. Good for him.
In The Margins
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dave Smith » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:42 am

In The Margins wrote:Thank you so much for posting the article, Dave and BF.

I don't think it's as "rough" as many of you think. I've read many of these types of articles about him over the past 30 years. This pile of fluff and pablum is an effort to introduce him to yet another generation. Notice how they stayed far clear of the cocaine abuse.

The few things I took away from it were he has no intention of getting his voice to sound like it did in the 80s (a true shame); he should hire an exterminator or at least buy some ant traps; according to google, he lives in an affluent section of Liverpool in his own house where he can drink, smoke and sleep late (who doesn't aspire to that?); he has his food delivered so no need for food shopping or cooking; he's certainly not disabled or mentally ill -- his mind is still very quick. As a side note, back in the day someone suggested he has OCD. He latched onto that and boasted about not ever being tested for it, but it would explain his peculiarities. Now it seems he has fully embraced the idea. Yet another excuse.

I reiterate. Do not feel sorry for him. He's done more and got more than any of us ever will. I do wonder how Will can stand him. Peasy is an enabler.

What is the truth?? We need to know!
Dave Smith
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen