Seven Seas Download + YouTube link

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Seven Seas Download + YouTube link

Postby allthatjazz » Tue May 22, 2018 10:39 pm

If you've ordered The Stars, The Oceans & The Moon you've probably already received the download of Seven Seas [transformed, their word for it}. For everyone else, here's the YouTube link:

allthatjazz

Re: Seven Seas Download + YouTube link

Postby fat cherry » Wed May 23, 2018 3:43 am

Mrs FC says he sounds more in tune than usual. The gruff lonely 'tortoise shell' in the middle made me chuckle out loud. My prediction for the general Villiers terrace' concensus would be, 'ah, its the mac solo version, i get it now'. On the positive, better than i expected. Right, I'll get my coat.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby bunnygod1 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:32 am

Bbc 6 music gave it a play this morning as well, sounded ok I guess. Certainly not better than the original and yes more like a Mac solo version.
bunnygod1

Postby TenNewPence » Wed May 23, 2018 7:43 am

bunnygod1 wrote:Bbc 6 music gave it a play this morning as well, sounded ok I guess. Certainly not better than the original and yes more like a Mac solo version.

yeah I was listening to 6 music this morning and could see "new music from EATB " on the DAB display. Sadly it's a sunny day here and I was going out for a nice ride. Back home and gonna have a listen
TenNewPence

Postby TenNewPence » Wed May 23, 2018 8:02 am

Not impressed, getting back on my bike. :cool:

Not sure why all the fuss and delay till October :rolleyes:
TenNewPence

Postby bunnygod1 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:02 am

They made it sound like a "new" album containing just 2 brand new tracks is something that everyone should applaud :confused:
bunnygod1

Postby allthatjazz » Wed May 23, 2018 10:06 am

Let's not forget, Mac never did it for you...

“I’m not doing this for anyone else. I’m doing it as it’s important to me to make the songs better. I have to do it.” -Ian McCulloch
allthatjazz

Postby dodojojo » Wed May 23, 2018 10:48 am

allthatjazz wrote:“I’m not doing this for anyone else. I’m doing it as it’s important to me to make the songs better. I have to do it.” -Ian McCulloch

Sounds like his OCD talking. But as an artist, he has every right. Not that it means he's right every time. Because this isn't better. It's not better than the original nor the Peel session. I appreciate it's a different take but not sure I like it.

I agree, sounds like a McCulloch solo effort. I wonder how much Sergeant input there is on the track (album).
dodojojo

Postby TenNewPence » Wed May 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Wonder how the new record label view it, and could they be dropped again ?
TenNewPence

Postby Mr. Brian » Wed May 23, 2018 12:16 pm

It's different than I was expecting although I can't really verbalize what I was expecting. It's interesting that the original has an uptempo feel and they chose to go a bit downtrodden on this one.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby King Of Kings » Wed May 23, 2018 12:21 pm

SHITE

Sounds like September Song

This is not the BUNNYMEN.
King Of Kings

Postby King Of Kings » Wed May 23, 2018 12:43 pm

NOW THATS BETTER
King Of Kings

Postby allthatjazz » Wed May 23, 2018 1:46 pm

dodojojo wrote:
allthatjazz wrote:“I’m not doing this for anyone else. I’m doing it as it’s important to me to make the songs better. I have to do it.” -Ian McCulloch

Sounds like his OCD talking. But as an artist, he has every right. Not that it means he's right every time. Because this isn't better. It's not better than the original nor the Peel session. I appreciate it's a different take but not sure I like it.

I agree, sounds like a McCulloch solo effort. I wonder how much Sergeant input there is on the track (album).

I did think the reworkings on his solo 'Holy Ghosts' album were successful...But, this one doesn't seem to pass the threshold....I also don't understand what we're listening to since the album was postponed...Is this the rejected reworking, or a re-reworked version?...Touring ahead of an album release is also odd.
allthatjazz

Postby crystal89 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Whilst it does sound very nice, sort of music you’d find in a tropical hotel’s lift, or elevator. Are they going for the sit down at the Piano with Mac vibe?
I’d also like to ask, how many overdubs, and how much reverb is on Mac’s vocals? They won’t be able to do that live?

Most importantly why does this track sound like someone trying to learn how to play Seven Seas? Did Mac forget the chords? Or was he trying to describe them?
crystal89

Postby Kounelaki » Thu May 24, 2018 12:25 am

Echo and the Bunnymen Unplugged! :rolleyes:
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen