Bunnymen at Bellwether Festival

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Bunnymen at Bellwether Festival

Postby Mr. Brian » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:31 pm

In frickin rural Ohio!
Bunnymen, Flaming Lips, Psychedelic Furs all at a festival one hour from where I live. If I wasn't such a curmudgeon about music festivals I might go. It's very tempting! Maybe once a schedule gets posted I'll decide. Perhaps I'll get lucky and all three will be the same day.

http://bellwetherfest.com/index.html
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bunnymen at Bellwether Festival

Postby fat cherry » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:58 am

leaning against an open door here Mr Brian. Couple of years ago when I went to the other end of the country to one of those holiday camp weekenders - buns, marr, spiritualised & the fall being the main attractions, was a bit of a bummer the fall and the buns were on the same night but in different rooms and overlapping times. Guessing what the buns set would be I chose to miss start of our boys.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:12 am

I'm hoping that this means one or all will be doing some other dates in the area so I can see any of them in a nice air-conditioned club like God intended music to be.
I haven't been camping in a tent since the 90s and Ohio in August can be oppressively hot and humid. But who knows, maybe things will line up. I see that many of my old fart Facebook friends are interested so maybe we'll get a group together. Given the demographics of the 3 bands I mentioned, maybe they will all play the early bird slots. I first saw the Flaming Lips in 1985 and the Bunnymen in 1987, Furs around the same time, well before when most of the MGMT fans were born.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby allthatjazz » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:54 pm

Mr. Brian wrote:In frickin rural Ohio!
Bunnymen, Flaming Lips, Psychedelic Furs all at a festival one hour from where I live. If I wasn't such a curmudgeon about music festivals I might go. It's very tempting! Maybe once a schedule gets posted I'll decide. Perhaps I'll get lucky and all three will be the same day.

Bellwether Festival; Saturday, August 11:

7:00pm Psychedelic Furs

8:15pm Echo & The Bunnymen

9:50pm The Flaming Lips
allthatjazz

Postby Mr. Brian » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:56 pm

allthatjazz wrote:
Mr. Brian wrote:In frickin rural Ohio!

Bellwether Festival; Saturday, August 11:

7:00pm Psychedelic Furs

8:15pm Echo & The Bunnymen

9:50pm The Flaming Lips

Fuck.
I mean yay?
I’ll never be happy.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kounelaki » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:12 pm

It's a sign that you must go.

If they're all on the same day, can you drive back home instead of camping?
Kounelaki
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:40 am

Kounelaki wrote:It's a sign that you must go.

If they're all on the same day, can you drive back home instead of camping?

Yeah I could drive. The only reason to camp would be to see both dates. I like MGMT and Dr. Dog but not enough to do that. It looks like Saturday is the old timers day. I'm sure I'll rationalize myself out of it somehow. Or not. Many of my old local music friends I stay in touch with via Facebook might be going.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fat cherry » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:32 am

ah go on Mr B. You deserve to be disappointed at least once more in your life.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:33 am

fat cherry wrote:ah go on Mr B. You deserve to be disappointed at least once more in your life.

:lol:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:44 pm

fat cherry wrote:ah go on Mr B. You deserve to be disappointed at least once more in your life.

Oh snap! :lol:
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen