Crocodiles/Heaven : Live recording

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Crocodiles/Heaven : Live recording

Postby Voodoo Billy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:43 am

Happy Death Man wrote:When did you first see the bunnymen, VB? My first time was the Phil in 1984.

The Empire in January 1988. I was 15 when I got into them, when Silver came out, really wish I'd gone to see them that year.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Re: Crocodiles/Heaven : Live recording

Postby TenNewPence » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Voodoo Billy wrote:
TenNewPence wrote:
Happy Death Man wrote:Ok, cheers for that.
I never got to any of the crocs/huh gigs as I was out of the country, which annoyed me at the time. Those two albums (and Porcupine and Ocean Rain to a lesser extent) are the soundtrack to my teenage years and I love them dearly. I've seen most of the tracks done live over the years but that gig would have been special; I'd have been at the Olympia without a doubt. Did you go to any of the gigs, TenNewPence ?

Sadly not, was tempted though. I did manage to catch them around 82 where the set list drawn from these two albums and it was a cracking gig. Like many the bunnies have a special place in teenage \ early twenties years.

Awesome, I doubt the Olympia was anywhere near what you experienced in '82.

Having not been at the Olympia gig I can only conclude from my preference and having seen the post 97 Bunnies a few times, I would still give the 82 gig the edge as it was the original line up. Believe that line up is hard to beat due the bass of Les and the beats of Pete. But what we have now is better than nothing and I have enjoyed the post 97 gigs.
TenNewPence

Previous

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen