Crocodiles/Heaven : Live recording

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Crocodiles/Heaven : Live recording

Postby borischelski » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:15 am

Please excuse my first post.

I went to the fantastic London show playing both albums back to back & recall talk of a live recording.

Is any recording available officially/unofficially?
borischelski
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Re: Crocodiles/Heaven : Live recording

Postby TenNewPence » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:32 am

Released under the title "Do it Clean"

Brought mine after the Manchester Palace gig a few years back

Not sure if still available though
TenNewPence

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:47 pm

I've a shrink-wrapped spare I'll sell for a tenner if you need one.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Happy Death Man » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:42 pm

You can get it on Amazon UK.

Has anyone got this? Is it worth buying?
Happy Death Man

Postby TenNewPence » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:58 am

Play it occasionally. It's OK
Mac berating someone for shouting out for a non Crocs \ HUH track
Got loads of Live Bunnies but good to hear the first two albums all together.

Will dig it out in the next few days and try and provide an update \ review
TenNewPence

Postby Happy Death Man » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:00 am

Ok, cheers.
Happy Death Man

Postby TenNewPence » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:03 am

TenNewPence wrote:Play it occasionally. It's OK
Mac berating someone for shouting out for a non Crocs \ HUH track
Got loads of Live Bunnies but good to hear the first two albums all together.

Will dig it out in the next few days and try and provide an update \ review

Sorry for the delay in providing As Promised review

Many of the tracks from the first two albums e.g. Crocodiles Over The Wall Rescue etc are available as live recordings over the whole bunnies career, and they maybe better or you may have personal favourites. I always liked Shine So Hard as it was my intro to the Bunnies, and the Womad Live Zimbo with Echo and the Burundiboys

What you have here are the first two albums played in order, and good to hear some tracks that rarely get played live. Initial thoughts there is an energy and both Mac and Will sound committed and enjoying it. Not note for note but very close to the originals. Villiers Terrace adds in a slice of Roadhouse Blues but no mention of Mr B Shankly.

Mac informs the audience of the plan of playing both albums but towards the end he berates someone for wanting Broke My Neck.

It Was A Pleasure and A Promise possibly the weakest tracks due to the vocal range demanded

Heaven Up Here introduced as a fast song and it rocks.... Groovy Groovy People

The Disease and Zimbo are well taken. With No Dark Things, Torquoise Days and All I Want to round off in fine form.

Worth the money ? Yes if you want to hear the Bunnies in fine form. If not then maybe just stick with the first two albums.
TenNewPence

Postby Happy Death Man » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:38 am

Ok, cheers for that.
I never got to any of the crocs/huh gigs as I was out of the country, which annoyed me at the time. Those two albums (and Porcupine and Ocean Rain to a lesser extent) are the soundtrack to my teenage years and I love them dearly. I've seen most of the tracks done live over the years but that gig would have been special; I'd have been at the Olympia without a doubt. Did you go to any of the gigs, TenNewPence ?
Happy Death Man

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:35 am

I went to the first of the two Olympia nights, met Will in the foyer on the way in! It was one of the best Bunnymen gigs I've been to, the Olympia is a great venue and perfect for the Bunnymen, but very, very cold as I remember, would be an ideal place to do a Porcupine show.
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Happy Death Man » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:29 pm

"...would be an ideal place to do a Porcupine show"....hint, hint. Yes, but please do it when I'm home, not 6000 miles away. :cry:
Happy Death Man

Postby Dr Cheese » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:45 am

That was the coldest gig I've ever been to, it was absolutely freezing in there! It's also the last Bunnymen show I attended so a historic date indeed.
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:45 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:That was the coldest gig I've ever been to, it was absolutely freezing in there! It's also the last Bunnymen show I attended so a historic date indeed.

Great place though isn't it. Saw the Sisters of Mercy there last year, it's perfect for such bands.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby TenNewPence » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:50 am

Happy Death Man wrote:Ok, cheers for that.
I never got to any of the crocs/huh gigs as I was out of the country, which annoyed me at the time. Those two albums (and Porcupine and Ocean Rain to a lesser extent) are the soundtrack to my teenage years and I love them dearly. I've seen most of the tracks done live over the years but that gig would have been special; I'd have been at the Olympia without a doubt. Did you go to any of the gigs, TenNewPence ?

Sadly not, was tempted though. I did manage to catch them around 82 where the set list drawn from these two albums and it was a cracking gig. Like many the bunnies have a special place in teenage \ early twenties years.
TenNewPence

Postby Voodoo Billy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:17 pm

TenNewPence wrote:
Happy Death Man wrote:Ok, cheers for that.

Sadly not, was tempted though. I did manage to catch them around 82 where the set list drawn from these two albums and it was a cracking gig. Like many the bunnies have a special place in teenage \ early twenties years.

Awesome, I doubt the Olympia was anywhere near what you experienced in '82.
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Happy Death Man » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:20 pm

When did you first see the bunnymen, VB? My first time was the Phil in 1984.
Happy Death Man

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen