Popular bunnymen songs that you hate

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Re: Popular bunnymen songs that you hate

Postby Dr Cheese » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:18 am

Hands up if you hardly ever listen to the Bunnymen any more. :wave:
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:00 am

Dr Cheese wrote:Hands up if you hardly ever listen to the Bunnymen any more. :wave:

But you're here because you're way too old to hang around the forums of the bands you do like?
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:34 pm

Yeah, I mean it's not like the internet is somewhere where you can lie about your age is it! :wink:
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:17 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:Yeah, I mean it's not like the internet is somewhere where you can lie about your age is it! :wink:

Exactly, that's why VT is the perfect home for a 14 year old girl like me . :confused:
Purveyor of the 'semi-predictable one-liner (which) embodies the essence of the type of comedic crap we grew to love here. VB is a crazy fool'
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:06 am

Voodoo Billy wrote:
Dr Cheese wrote:Yeah, I mean it's not like the internet is somewhere where you can lie about your age is it! :wink:

Exactly, that's why VT is the perfect home for a 14 year old girl like me . :confused:

You and your kind are one of the reasons I stopped going to see the Bunnymen live, all that high-pitched squealing every time Mac swiveled his hips was really annoying.
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Voodoo Billy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Dr Cheese wrote:
Voodoo Billy wrote:

You and your kind are one of the reasons I stopped going to see the Bunnymen live, all that high-pitched squealing every time Mac swiveled his hips was really annoying.

I think you're mistaken DrC, that high pitched squealing was actually Mac's swivelling hips. :lol:
Voodoo Billy
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Mon May 01, 2017 4:26 am

:lol:
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue May 02, 2017 12:16 am

Oh you two kidders!

I still listen to the Bunnymen daily. Pre grey album with the exception of "All Because of You Days" and "Avalanche". The Porcupine album is always on rotation.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Tue May 02, 2017 6:52 am

I couldn't tell you the last time I made a conscious decision to listen to the Bunnymen, they occasionally pop up if I have my trusty iPod on shuffle in the car but then I quickly skip to the next track. Unless it's something off Porcupine of course, apart from The fucking Cutter or the bollocking Back of Love which get skipped to within an inch of their digital lives.
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Mr. Brian » Tue May 02, 2017 2:34 pm

I end each and every day quietly sobbing in a darkened room listening to A Promise. My kids keep yelling at me to get out of their room.
Mr. Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed May 03, 2017 7:00 am

*sigh* where did it all go wrong.
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby fat cherry » Thu May 04, 2017 5:44 am

Haven't listened to any for a while, and then since last week listened to the hardly ever played CD2 from the box set and the avalanche ep (On which the tim hardin song is still probably the best by a country mile). Also recently listened to the poltergeist cd whilst doing a bit of carpentry down in my middle aged man's carpentry shed (not that I'm a carpenter, just thought I'd try something unnecessarily dangerous as my dotage approaches). That is good in parts.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu May 11, 2017 9:48 pm

I still listen to them quite often. Especially Porcupine, Ocean Rain and Crocodiles. Throw in All Because of You Days, Life of 1000 Crimes, Is This a Breakdown and Lovers On the Run and we good.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby fat cherry » Fri May 12, 2017 7:37 am

Speaking of avalanche, isn't that th eone when Will would still ocasionally post to the forum/mailing list (ah , the good old days, mailing lists that is) he said had a working title of 'Roxy-Wire, because that was the vibe, well I was havin a trip down memory lane the other night and listening to the fist roxy album and there are various squeky farty sounds on that just like on avalanche. COuld be a coincidence I sippose and my memory is wrong.
fat cherry
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby Dr Cheese » Sat May 13, 2017 4:28 am

fat cherry wrote:listening to the fist roxy album .

:eek:
Every time you call
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen