Mac at the stables, Wavendon.

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Mac at the stables, Wavendon.

Postby bunnygod1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:39 am

A longish set list on paper, unfortunately only played some of it. Started some songs then stopped, skipped others. Forgot the words in a few songs, lots of "jokes and anecdotes" the performance not helped the poor acoustics of the venue.
So far removed from the wonderful Anglican cathedral gig a few years ago.
On the plus side voice sounded ok and he said he is working on new bunnymen material.
bunnygod1

Re: Mac at the stables, Wavendon.

Postby Dr Cheese » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:57 am

Did he give out any sugar lumps or hay?
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby bunnygod1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:23 am

Dr Cheese wrote:Did he give out any sugar lumps or hay?

Neigh! just sugar kisses and sage words of wisdom :biggrin:
bunnygod1

Postby howmanytimes » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:27 am

Thanks a lot for your review. Pity if it wasn't a perfect experience for you.
Any more info on the setlist, please?
I went to Bury gig on Tuesday and totally enjoyed it. Acoustics were great, apart from songs sounding well I could hear Mac's banter quite clearly and understood a lot of it (I'm not a native English speaker, so it's normal that a few things went over my head). He didn't abandon many songs midway, though I felt a bit sad that he didn't go all the way through 'Rust'. Said something about 's' sounds sounding wrong, possibly in the singalong from the audience. "Can you sing the beginnings, not the ends? Like 'ru', not 'st'?" There was electric guitar on stage, and he played the intro to 'Waiting for the Man' and 'The Passanger' on it, but then put it aside, claiming he couldn't see the frets in that light. He mentioned a new song 'From a Storm' and played a few bars from it. The rest of the songs were played all the way through. Mostly, it was a selections of what you expect from the 'set in stone' playlist - 'Rescue', 'Villiers Terrace', 'Seven Seas', 'Dancing Horses', 'Zimbo', 'The Killing Moon', 'Nothing Lasts Forever', etc. 'Proud to Fall' was the only solo one. I was quite taken by surprise when he started playing 'The Desease', and I was very happy to hear 'The Fountain' and 'Angels and Devils'. Great night for me all in all, I so wish I could attend more concerts on this tour.
howmanytimes
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Postby bunnygod1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:29 am

We also had the intro to Waiting for the Man. A couple he just looked at the set list and said he was going skip them. A little rendition of little dwarf was thrown in as well, which I guess is quite amusing. A lot of impressions from Lennon to mugabe!
Mac seemed to be enjoying himself and the audience seemed equally happy, I would have disappointed if I had made a long journey. Fortunately it's only 20 miles for me.
The rest of the songs were the usual suspects. Rescue, Villiers Terrace, Seven Seas, Dancing Horses, Zimbo, Killing Moon, Nothing Lasts Forever, Proud to Fall , The Disease, Lips like sugar.
I asked Peasy for the set list, he replied "sorry I need it" I am guessing for the rest of the tour. I wish he would play more solo tracks especially from Pro Patria Mori, it is a solo tour.
It will be interesting to see what Cambridge setlist is like.
bunnygod1

Postby howmanytimes » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:06 am

Thank you for details, sound similar to what we had in Bury. Mac didn't play Little Dwarf though, only Fools Like Us. Perhaps that was what he omitted?
Same thing happened with the setlist, Peasy took it away despite a few people asking for it. Perhaps they are really using it throughout the tour, to make sure song order doesn't get changed by accident? :D Still I would be quite happy to hear it again and again, at least the jokes would be a bit different.
I love Pro Patria Mori album and would be happy to hear more solo songs too. Still as I only got into Bunnymen about 2 years ago, I'm not yet bored with hearing any songs :)
howmanytimes
Just Tuned In
Just Tuned In

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen