Got my Santa Ana tickets

General discussion about the band, live shows, its recordings or bootlegs, etc. You can buy, sell or trade here. You can even post eBay links. If it's about the Bunnymen, it goes here.

Got my Santa Ana tickets

Postby black francis » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:21 pm

JackT is coming out for it so it's a guaranteed cancellation as he also ruined the Mac solo show at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. This show was put to me as a secret unannounced show and it's not on the Bunnymen's official tour dates. We'll see.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Re: Got my Santa Ana tickets

Postby bunnygirlxx » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:57 am

It's been on Songkick for a couple of weeks to my knowledge, so not sure how 'secret' it is!
bunnygirlxx

Postby black francis » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:31 am

Hence the "we'll see". I am curious as to why this has not been announced on their website. This will be my first Bunnymen show since Ocean Rain in NY. I knew nothing would top that and have avoided them since. Hope I'm wrong.
With the Force as his ally he did battle with the Dark Lord. And he showed the measure of a true Jedi at a place called "The Death Star" where hope for the Galaxy was reborn. May all who struggle against tyranny hold his memory in their hearts
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby bunnygirlxx » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:42 pm

Maybe just don't want the first show they play in US to be LA, or that one has nearly sold out?? I read today that Detroit has!
bunnygirlxx

Postby black francis » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Detroit selling out was a shock. I didn't think they had the population to fill a Bunnymen show any longer.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Joe-eatb » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:25 pm

I'm going to the Detroit show but I live in Windsor Ontario Canada, which is just across the river from Detroit. It will only take about twenty minutes to get to the show from my house, four of us are going.
Joe-eatb

Postby zabird » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:21 pm

I got a ticket for the Orpheum show. They were close to sold out a few weeks ago.

Saw today on Facebook that they've added a second "Santa Anna" show at the Observatory.
Sho 'nuff
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:02 pm

There goes my secret show. :wink:

The missus likes the Orpheum but I told her it was Santa Ana for me for no other reason than parking.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby zabird » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:56 pm

black francis wrote:There goes my secret show. :wink:

The missus likes the Orpheum but I told her it was Santa Ana for me for no other reason than parking.

Isn't the Observatory one of those supper club dealies? That turns me off ... that and the drive to Orange County. But good parking ... can't argue with that!
Sho 'nuff
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:38 pm

I have noooooo idea what the Observatory is like. Hopefully reminiscent of Mac's legendary "Spaghetti Sessions" at that pizza joint.

I've since moved much closer to Orange County and with my forties rapidly approaching, downtown LA is a young person's game.

Should be fun though. Meeting up with some friends I met at a 2003 Bunnymen show and reconnected at Will's art show. Maybe In Bluer Skies can be tempted as well.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby Dr Cheese » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:28 am

black francis wrote:
and with my forties rapidly approaching ...

Slept a few years bf? :wink:
And you know that I'll pick up
Every time you call
Just to thank you one more time
Alcohol
Dr Cheese
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby zabird » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:25 pm

black francis wrote:I have noooooo idea what the Observatory is like. Hopefully reminiscent of Mac's legendary "Spaghetti Sessions" at that pizza joint.

I've since moved much closer to Orange County and with my forties rapidly approaching, downtown LA is a young person's game.

Should be fun though. Meeting up with some friends I met at a 2003 Bunnymen show and reconnected at Will's art show. Maybe In Bluer Skies can be tempted as well.

Aw, what's a few street people and rats downtown? I'm just not so sure about the balcony seating at the Orpheum ... the pitch in those rows is narrower than steerage -- I mean coach -- on your average plane these days :eek:
Sho 'nuff
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:23 am

I'm feeling surprisingly optimistic about this show. Been listening to my Killing Moon collection non-stop and my twelve year old son decided he wants to see them for the first time. I think this is the missus' first time seeing them as well. She used to be a huge fan but she says I've ruined the Killing Moon for her and she hates that I call Mac...Mac.
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Postby zabird » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:29 pm

black francis wrote:I'm feeling surprisingly optimistic about this show. Been listening to my Killing Moon collection non-stop and my twelve year old son decided he wants to see them for the first time. I think this is the missus' first time seeing them as well. She used to be a huge fan but she says I've ruined the Killing Moon for her and she hates that I call Mac...Mac.

Cool your son wants to see Mac & Co.

I told my cousin's husband that I was going to see the Bunnyboys in a couple of weeks and he got excited. My 40-year-old cousin's response: "Who?" We played several Bunnymen songs and she finally recognized Killing Moon.
Sho 'nuff
zabird
Über Fan
Über Fan

Postby black francis » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:06 pm

Gonna leave in an hour!
black francis
Bunnygod
Bunnygod

Next

Return to Echo & The Bunnymen